TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No not really, i love it but it can really be a PITA.

first it over heats, and inside heat quits, the day it snows and is 25 degrees outside (dunno why)

then it desides its time for the windshield wipers to quit moving halfway thru a revolution, so they are stuck right in my field of vision

and then next day it desides it doesnt want to stay running to get me home, and then repeates problem one once i get it to stay running....

still over heats windshield wipers still dont work as well as heater nonfunctioning...still

i dont know whats wrong with heater/over heating, maybe water pump? i know the thermostat is less than one year old as well as timing chain/cover, its got proper antifreeze mixture and no major leaks on the radiator, hoses both get warm so i think(?) water is circulating but not sure....

gonna have to dig the car out tomorrow before work, dont really want to since it weighs a ton and loves sliding on icy roads, and guzzles gas at like 10-12mpg, i swear this truck is giving me an ulser...so many silly things go wrong when i dont have money to spend on it....

any ideas????, other than "sell it"....

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its got coolant... in it i checked and i know its the proper 50/50 mix.....

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
These radiators can be tricky - you look in the radiator cap and it LOOKS full, but then start pouring some in and realize it's not.

If there's not a significant amount in the overflow bottle, it's not full.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Fire it up and leave the rad cap off. pour a little bit in and wait pour a little in and wait. there could possibly be an air bubble in there that just doesn't want to come out. Drive the front up on ramps if you can this puts the radiator at the highest point. Or since you live on a hill, park it across the street from your house (by the old ford) and do it there. good luck man that really sucks. be on the look out for a new HG.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys....it figured its self out.... i know sounds weird right.... well considering i added a gallon of coolant, its working 100% better, and i know where the radiator leak is too, time to go get some JB weld and pull the car out for a day or two and let the truck sit with its bad self while the JB shtuff sets.... i hope it snows that way i could go do donuts in the merc hehe

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ike, im too damn cheap to find another radiator, besides what would a new part on my crappy truck look like....pretty sillyi think lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts