TTORA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 toyota Tacoma 2.7 inline four that dies and it starts but then dies and has coolant in the engine bay and the check engine, oil and battery light are all on. What is wrong?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,623 Posts
I can't diagnose your problem based on that information. Start with checking the fault codes for the CEL. If the coolant leaking? If so, from where?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we took it to the shop and it kept dying because the mas air flow sensor failed and for the coolant they didn't talked about that and I don't know where it is coming from

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this same truck now has a coolant leak somewhere? where are some places I can check that are big Problem areas?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,623 Posts
Leaks from the temperature sensor port on the back of the head are common. Less frequent are from the coolant lines for the IAC valve below the intake or from the water pump on the front of the block (behind the fan).

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,623 Posts
Based on that I would guess the top plastic cover of the radiator has a crack. Should be able to find the leak with the engine running and coolant up to temp with the system pressurized.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another question the same truck now has water in the carpet and wont dry. I know it isn't seals because all my seals are good. I had 1-2 feet of snow and the water got worse.Any idea what it could be?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,623 Posts
Another question the same truck now has water in the carpet and wont dry. I know it isn't seals because all my seals are good. I had 1-2 feet of snow and the water got worse.Any idea what it could be?
Which side is wet? Check the seals on the wire grommets and check the evaporator box drain line tube on the passenger side firewall.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,623 Posts
front passenger side
front drivers side
rear drivers side
rear passengers side
Thats a major issue. I'm guessing you probably have more than one source of the leak. Sounds like you need to get in the truck and have somebody hose it down and check for leaks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts