TTORA Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
22,481 Posts
Chips aren't very helpful on the 2.7L. A good intake is probably the only upgrade I would recommend over stock.

For the mirrors, power mirrors can be installed, but Toyota rarely adds and of the wires to the harness if not equipped, so you'll need to wire them and the controls from scratch.

· Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
22,481 Posts
No you won't be able to fit 33s. Need at least 3" of lift to fit them. 32s will fit stock height but they will rub. Best to add a lift for clearance. Coilovers from Icon would be highly recommended, but there are tons of other options out there like Bilstein adjustable which are far less expensive.

You'll also want to regear for the 33s. Might be able to deal with the power loss on the 32s, but its all preference. I'm running 4.88 gears with the 33s on my 2.7L truck

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
No you won't be able to fit 33s. Need at least 3" of lift to fit them. 32s will fit stock height but they will rub. Best to add a lift for clearance. Coilovers from Icon would be highly recommended, but there are tons of other options out there like Bilstein adjustable which are far less expensive.

You'll also want to regear for the 33s. Might be able to deal with the power loss on the 32s, but its all preference. I'm running 4.88 gears with the 33s on my 2.7L truck
okay sounds good

· Registered
560 Posts
I've wondered about 15" rims and the availability of mud or A/T tires in the future.
Currently I run 31x10.5 15 KM3. Awesome tires off road. They started off relatively quiet on road but have gotten loud as the miles pile on. Plus they are cupping which doesn't help with the noise. My next set will be a good set of ATs, maybe time for new wheels too. I like the TRD looks, but not the price, lol.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts