·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its faster for free....yeaaaaaaaaaaa

Update Regarding Your
Internet Access Upload Speed

Dear SBC Internet Services DSL Member,1

This is simply a courtesy message to announce SBC Internet Services (SBCIS) has increased your maximum upload speed to as fast as 384Kbps. As an SBCIS member, you can now enjoy higher upload rates and greater value in your Internet service, at no additional cost.

With the additional bandwidth, you may find it even easier to share digital photos, play online games, maintain personal Web sites and enjoy an over all higher-quality Internet experience.

This automatic upgrade has already taken place and no action on your part is required nor will your current rate for Internet service change. Your download speeds are still as fast as ever at 384Kbps - 1.5Mbps for SBC Yahoo! DSL Express and up to 384Kbps for SBC Yahoo! DSL Starter.2

We appreciate and value your continued membership.

Sincerely,

SBC Internet Services

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
bah! dsl not available where i live.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
384? I think you have been bitch slapped.. when I had lame pac bell DSL I had 384 up and 1.5 down 6 years ago, I think they are just blowing smoke up peoples ass and telling them they upgraded them when they orginaly had it all along.. or at some point downgraded people and didn't tell them.. And they are idiots..

BTW, congrats, I just upgraded your truck to now have 4 wheels...!! And we added the option of going backwards as well as forwards!! :cool:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Tankota said:
384? I think you have been bitch slapped.. when I had lame pac bell DSL I had 384 up and 1.5 down 6 years ago, I think they are just blowing smoke up peoples ass and telling them they upgraded them when they orginaly had it all along.. or at some point downgraded people and didn't tell them.. And they are idiots..

BTW, congrats, I just upgraded your truck to now have 4 wheels...!! And we added the option of going backwards as well as forwards!! :cool:
and those are still some slow ass speeds. i believe the verizon dsl by me has 500kb up and 3.0mb down.

my cable still running good at 4.7mb down and 1.2mb up.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
I hate SBC. I have to pay $50 a month for 1.5/128, and on top of that I have to pay another $27 a month for a phone line I don't use. With SBC you can't have DSL without the phone line.

I'm gonna cancel and switch to either Comcast or Astound.

Later,
....Mike

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
Mike said:
I hate SBC. I have to pay $50 a month for 1.5/128, and on top of that I have to pay another $27 a month for a phone line I don't use. With SBC you can't have DSL without the phone line.

Later,
....Mike
Astound is the way to go. :soapbox:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mike said:

Later,
....Mike

i pay 27 bucks a month for the dsl and am on the base no frills phone plane from sbc thats about 5 bucks a month

what fucking pisses me off is the 4.xx i pay for some bullshit federal tax......

so you dont have to pay so much for the phone line, call sbc and tell them you want their base plan..is some pro rated plan

·
Registered
951 Posts
Ya'll want some speed? Be prepared to get this service when it hits your town. Verizon FiOS. That's fiber to your home buddy, phone, video, and internet all on one piece of fiber. Slowest package? 5Mbps up, 2Mbps down, for around $35 a month. Need more?? next is 15Mbps Down 2Mbps up for $49 and 30Mbps down, and 15Mbps up for $99/mo. It is reall amazing stuff.......

Bye bye Comcast, SBC, Adelphia....hehehehheh

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fiber is awesome

a couple years ago i was on a team developing fiber channel storage and another that worked on the fibre "MODEM"
Fibre is going to be awesome when it becomes widely available

my neighbour works for this mechanical engineering company... he oversee's a team that does nothing but lay the fibre all day..been working on this project for about 5 years now...same damn contract..thats job security..... cant wait for fibre

·
Registered
951 Posts
YUNADERIS said:
fiber is awesome

a couple years ago i was on a team developing fiber channel storage and another that worked on the fibre "MODEM"
Fibre is going to be awesome when it becomes widely available

my neighbour works for this mechanical engineering company... he oversee's a team that does nothing but lay the fibre all day..been working on this project for about 5 years now...same damn contract..thats job security..... cant wait for fibre
Sounds interesting. I am National tech support for FiOS, from the edge router to the customer router, and all the fiber and switches in between. I see you are the founder of PITA, perhaps I should sign up, 'cause that is my daily nightmare!!

·
Registered
951 Posts
YUNADERIS said:
haha...you can join PITA....just sign up :)

you are working for a good company....stick with it....i see 6 figure salary in the future for you :)
getting closer every day:) just got a 10% bump for being a good sport:) I guess when the boss calls Sunday morning and says to be in Dallas Texas Sunday night, it really pays to go!

·
Registered
951 Posts
taco23 said:
How can I check if fiber is available in my area?
Vz FiOS Where in SoCal? we already have it deployed in some parts of NorCal, but expect to see it by Mid 2005, the deployment schedule is mind boggling......next, we will take over the WORLD...AAHHHA HAHAHHA HAH AHAH HEHA HAHE Ae hhehad hx ....uuhh humm...sorry

1 - 20 of 20 Posts