TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I gave Camburg my deposit for an appointment to have them install their LT kit on my taco. They said they can't get to it until March. That means I have to sit around anxious for all this time, great. Well they say good things come to those who wait.
They are recommending using Bilsteins because they will actually give you a couple inches more upward travel than SAW or King. I was wondering if anybody else had any more info. on these new bilsteins, pics, design, whatever. In any event I can't wait to get all this done so I can finally hit the dunes.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
i know ryan bonzen (owner of esb trophy tacoma) runs bilsteins and he seems to like them.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
SinCityTaco said:
Do you have any pics of Ryans truck. What is "ESB"?
www.esbfabrications.com, they offer a 17" travel race proven LT setup for the tacoma that cycles 35" tires...I'm sure there's a pic of the truck on the site

So are you going to run the bilsteins with your kit then?

·
Registered
78 Posts
jeez louise...4500...

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
SinCityTaco said:
Well I gave Camburg my deposit for an appointment to have them install their LT kit on my taco. They said they can't get to it until March. That means I have to sit around anxious for all this time, great. Well they say good things come to those who wait.
They are recommending using Bilsteins because they will actually give you a couple inches more upward travel than SAW or King. I was wondering if anybody else had any more info. on these new bilsteins, pics, design, whatever. In any event I can't wait to get all this done so I can finally hit the dunes.
I just find it all funny... :rolleyes: I mean, not to be mean, but you obviously from your former posts have not got much idea about what the hell you or your truck are capable of. I suggest rancho 9000. They are fully adjustable. You can even put a switch on the dash to change the damping while you are on the road. And, they are red, so they will match the Camburg setup. That way, like socks and shirts, you can be color coordinated!!! And as for using the Bils, vs anything else.. are you talking front or rear? stock mounts, or custom mounts? Stock leafs if rear, spring under, spring under 62, cantalever, or 3 link? Just thinking to myself you are getting yourself a lot more than you are really ready for. Yeah. The Ranchos will be the way to go.

·
Registered
312 Posts
How much was your deposit? I'm shootin for leaving my truck with them during my trip to Hawaii to visit my folks for a week the last week of march.

What plans do you have for the rears? Are you doing bypasses? How much is you install estimated to be?

·
Registered
770 Posts
rojodiablo said:
I just find it all funny... :rolleyes: I mean, not to be mean, but you obviously from your former posts have not got much idea about what the hell you or your truck are capable of. I suggest rancho 9000. They are fully adjustable. You can even put a switch on the dash to change the damping while you are on the road. And, they are red, so they will match the Camburg setup. That way, like socks and shirts, you can be color coordinated!!! And as for using the Bils, vs anything else.. are you talking front or rear? stock mounts, or custom mounts? Stock leafs if rear, spring under, spring under 62, cantalever, or 3 link? Just thinking to myself you are getting yourself a lot more than you are really ready for. Yeah. The Ranchos will be the way to go.
I was thinking Gabriel Rough Rider Gas shocks, they used to sell em at walmart, I put a set on my moms caravan once, they worked real good, they're also red, I like red, I had a dumptruck once as a kid that was red, speaking of trucks I had a red truck once too, but its gone now, kinda makes me sad, I liked that truck, much more than I like being sad I think, speaking of being sad, I looked at my smashed up truck this morning that made me sad, then I got to work and got to BS about wheeling with some buddies, that wasnt sad, wheeling is fun, I like wheeling, speaking of wheeling I wonder if a bent frame on my truck will buff out... maybe if it doesnt buff out I'll paint it red, I like red, I had a truck once that was red, so maybe if I paint my new truck red then I could get some Gabriel Rough Rider Gas shocks cus they'd match! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
YoTRacer158 said:
www.esbfabrications.com, they offer a 17" travel race proven LT setup for the tacoma that cycles 35" tires...I'm sure there's a pic of the truck on the site

So are you going to run the bilsteins with your kit then?

Mike's kit is really cool but it's not "race proven" yet!...it is definately Glamis proven tho! lol

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't plan on having any cutting done. Everything I am getting, or want to get is going to mount on the factory location. Springs should use stock mounting locations. I have never heard of a set of rancho long travel coilovers. I don't think I would consider their use even if they did. Aren't they pretty low end.

·
Registered
770 Posts
shroom27 said:
Mike's kit is really cool but it's not "race proven" yet!...it is definately Glamis proven tho! lol

ESB's spindles are some of the sickest creations I've seen, goregous work, pricey but very very nice!

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
shroom27 said:
you da man.. hows your truck doing after laughlin?

·
Registered
33 Posts
brock said:
you da man.. hows your truck doing after laughlin?

lots of problems...the truck could not get around the course 1-tire fire...locker took a shit on saturday right off the line and an axle broke. sunday the motor all of a sudden lost power & took a crap...big hole in one of the pistons and another one was about to go. so yeah, the truck couldn't get going and be fast with a blown motor & fucked drivetrain. Ditching the supercharger & already got one of Dan Vance's spare motors and getting some headwork/cams for it and the rest of the truck will be be ready and back to 100%. We'll be in San Felipe for sure and expect to do real well.

attached is a pic of the piston...

Attachments

·
Registered
925 Posts
shroom27 said:
lots of problems...the truck could not get around the course 1-tire fire...locker took a shit on saturday right off the line and an axle broke. sunday the motor all of a sudden lost power & took a crap...big hole in one of the pistons and another one was about to go. so yeah, the truck couldn't get going and be fast with a blown motor & fucked drivetrain. Ditching the supercharger & already got one of Dan Vance's spare motors and getting some headwork/cams for it and the rest of the truck will be be ready and back to 100%. We'll be in San Felipe for sure and expect to do real well.

attached is a pic of the piston...
hey i got your message about san felipe. are we doing the whole course in 1 day? either way, i am down. i just don't know if i take the bike or quad. how sandy is it?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
SinCityTaco said:
I don't plan on having any cutting done. Everything I am getting, or want to get is going to mount on the factory location. Springs should use stock mounting locations. I have never heard of a set of rancho long travel coilovers. I don't think I would consider their use even if they did. Aren't they pretty low end.
Why spend so much money for a well performing front end...only to have a mediocre rear end? The most travel you're going to get out of the rear is about 14" unless you swap to longer springs or go with a link setup. If you don't have balanced suspension the truck isn't going to perform as well as it could. The stock replacement deaver "prerun" packs are fine for donahoes, camburg, etc, but for a more advanced front setup you need to put a little more work into the rear end than that.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
that is true, but my truck will only see the dunes about 3 times per year. I know I am spending a pretty penny on the front and it will handle superior to the rear in the rough stuff, but afterall it is a brand new truck and I don't really plan on going 90 through 3 foot whoops, 50 will do for me, lol jk. In all seriousness though I just want something that I can go jump about 3 to 3.5 feet in the dunes.
What did you have in mind for the rearend. How much would it cost? Do you have any pics of any setups that would a good match for my front end?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Are you gonna throw some 20's on there when it's finished?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
3 times a year? Why are you wasting your money on LT dude? Get some donahoes and deaver stock replacement leafpacks and be done with it, and save yourself a couple grand. I've jumped my taco a little higher/farther than I've wanted to a few times, and the donahoes took it without a hiccup. You're flushing money down the toilet on something that you don't need. If you want to throw more away, get some 62" deavers for the rear. I'm not sure what all is out for the 05's but I'm sure someone else will chime in.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts