TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some used Donahoe coilovers and it appears now that one of them is an older model with the only real difference being that the newer one has a misalignment bushing which is longer allowing it to miss the cv. Can I put one of these new bushings on the older coilover? Also, will I regret having an older coilover on one side and a newer one on the other or does it matter?

·
225 Posts
How the hech did you get an old style and a new style. We never sold a set like that. Makes we wonder if something shady is going on.??? Old or new the spacing and the povit bushings are all the same. your seller might have left something out.

·
Registered
854 Posts
You may want to call this guy out in the buyer/seller section if they do not respond to any of your attempts at resurrecting the situation, and getting this question answered.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, one bushing is like all I've seen in the pics, it sticks out further to one side. On the coilover that has a little more wear and is faded, the bushing does not stick out at all.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The simple answer could be the the bushing fell out. I know that when my donahoes were new, I chased both bushings around the shop floor after I cut the zip tie holding them in. I would have thought that used ones would stick a bit more, but who knows.

If they look the same otherwise, I'd say that's a likely solution. Also, check the serial numbers. If they are concurrent or the same, that'll tell you if they came as a set originally. Although if they aren't concurrent or a set, it doesn't neccessarilly mean they are 2 different models.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The reason I thought that the older one doesn't have the same bushing is because that I still see a bushing in the older one. Upon comparing the two could it be that the bushings consist of an inner piece and the longer outer piece and the longer outer piece on the older one fell out? Also, do I need to return these since there is an age difference?

DONAHOE, I really appreciate hearing from you. Not many people backup their product enough to get on sites or in communities. Thanks

·
225 Posts
Call us... Lets get them back and see whats up with them....We will clean them up and make them new again.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Call us... Lets get them back and see whats up with them....We will clean them up and make them new again.
Now that's customer service. So glad I bought hoes!! Rock on man! We need more of your type in business these days. :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Donahoe, The SN#'s are 000195 and 004348. That's a big difference. Do you think it's worth it or do you think I should attempt to return them?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
like the customer service donahoe i saw your fj at the long beach grand prix it was pretty sweet, dylan is a cool and friendly guy, glad superduty donny talked me into going with your product instead of the kings

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Donahoe, The SN#'s are 000195 and 004348. That's a big difference. Do you think it's worth it or do you think I should attempt to return them?
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Why haven't you shipped those things yet:confused: Let donahoe decide if it's worth it or not. Seems like they are very willing to help out.:2cents:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Donahoe,
Do I need to ask for you when I call so I can talk to someone who knows what the deal is? If so, what's your name?
Thanks,
Caveman

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I still haven't got rear shocks to go with my Deaver 8pk but with service like that from DR, I'm leaning toward going with them even though they cost a little more than I wanted to spend.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I've never called Donahoe directly, but having heard from a lot of people who deal with them, their customer service is pretty much spot-on. I don't think it matters who you talk to at the shop. Just explain to them what your problem is, what the serial numbers are, and that you'd like to know how to resolve the issue. They'll probably tell you to either contact the seller or to ship them to Donahoe. Either way, just give them a call and they'll set you straight.

From their website:
ph 951.279.8000
Hours: 7am - 5pm PST

Good luck,
-Radar

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay,
I've called and emailed Donahoe for weeks now and can't get anyone to return my calls or reply to my emails. Does anyone else know how I can get in touch with them. I need to talk to someone before I just send these in. Everytime I call I get a message center, no one picks up and no one returns my calls. Suggestions???

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Okay,
I've called and emailed Donahoe for weeks now and can't get anyone to return my calls or reply to my emails. Does anyone else know how I can get in touch with them. I need to talk to someone before I just send these in. Everytime I call I get a message center, no one picks up and no one returns my calls. Suggestions???
They are in the middle of a race around this time and I know they had a little touble with the truck. It looks like they've posted several times about what you should do with those shocks. I'd say either ship 'em out there or be patient and wait for them to call back so you can find out if the serial # gap is too large. What I do know is that on a buddy's truck the serial #'s were seqential, so it seems kinda wierd. Have you contacted the seller yet?? You should really be venting a little more frustration at them for selling you oddball shocks than Donahoe for not returning your email/phone since they're trying to see how they can help fix someone else's porblem. That's my :2cents: and I've got no money left.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Dead beat sellers are the worst! I have read so many threads about people buying stuff and once they recieve it they see it is not like what they thought they ordered and it's obvious the seller did not entirely divulge everything they knew about the product. It's these few occurences that ruin it for everyone else. Look on the bright side, at least you have two nice shocks that probably just need a rebuild (which would be a lot cheaper than a new set of coilovers). Hope it all works out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts