TTORA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 99 PreRunner 2.7 exhaust manifold cracked in two between cyl. 2 and 3, and they want big bucks for a new one. I'm not having a lot of luck finding a used one around Dallas but I did find a "new aftermarket" one for only $55. That seems too cheap, and I'm punchy about it.
Have any of you guys have any input for me?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
My 99 PreRunner 2.7 exhaust manifold cracked in two between cyl. 2 and 3, and they want big bucks for a new one. I'm not having a lot of luck finding a used one around Dallas but I did find a "new aftermarket" one for only $55. That seems too cheap, and I'm punchy about it.
Have any of you guys have any input for me?
Same thing happened on my 2.7. I just ordered the LC engineering header instead of the same failure prone part. 55 bucks is a good deal though

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Yes, it's a common, but easily fixable problem with the 2.7L's. Like Swank said, spend the money on an LC Engineering header. I had one on my old 99 Prerunner 2.7L after the same thing happened - cracked stock exhaust manifold in between #2 and #3 cylinders.

The LCE header is made mostly out of stainless steel, is very durable and provides a noticeable performance improvement in the upper RPM range that can be felt mostly while on the highway. It's a good quality header that comes with a factory Toyota exhaust manifold gasket (or at least mine did many years ago). The only thing is that the EGR tube gasket that comes with it kept blowing on me, so I finally used a Toyota one that fixed that problem.

Install is relatively easy, especially with a prerunner, maybe about 3 or 4 hours tops. There should be write-ups with pics on the main TTORA board.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts