TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive searched and searched, but i havent found anyone that has a light bar that mounts in front or above the stock front bumper for a 99 4 runner v6 4x4 5spd. I just need something that will hold 3 or 4 lights - not looking for a full prerunner style bumper, or one of those flimsy craps things that go rhino makes, just a bar to mount my lights.

Any one know where i can get one?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought about doing that, but the tupperware bumpers dont hold the lights strong and solid. So when im bombing down baja roads, they'll shake too much.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
is there not a metal "thing" under the plastic? mine had it. you could reallly easily make on if you can weld at all. its just 2 legs that bolt to the front of the frame horns and a cross bar with tabs...should take all of an hour. i'd make ya one but my fab skills are bad so i only make stuff for myself:D

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm, i havent even looked. Ill peek around tonight and see what i find. I do have a welder and have made some roof rack baskets, i was just thinking theres a bar that someone has already made- with some nice bends and tabs already fabbed up.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
there has gotta be something allready made but i am hard pressed to buys tuff that can be made for next to nothing:D of course my truck is not pretty whatso ever

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know - thats my prob too. My buddy needs to finish building his garage and get his tube bender back in there so we can fab this stuff up. Only prob is - this 4runner is gonna live out its days in baja permanantly from next month and im trying to get all the things done to it that i want to before it goes south.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
gotcha...where are you retiring it to.
Mike

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's for my father in law - retiring in Cabo. Im actually doing all this stuff for myself so when i go down there, i can do all the shiat i wanna do - but with his ride ;)

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
VERY NICE!!! in cabo or outside? i go to the east cape but ussually just stop in cabo for beer and ice, not a big fan of7 year olds trying to sell me drugs LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts