TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time to replace my power steering rack. Its leaking badly and im told it cant be rebuilt to fix it. Its leaking right ware the steering shaft comes in to the rack. Any one have any experience with racks from trail gear? How are there rebuilt racks? They seam like the best place to get one from with no core charge.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Just keep an eye out in the classifieds here...people are always selling them here when they cut it off for SAS.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I am not exactly sure what you need, but I have a full set up for an 87 spare from when mine leaked.

Darn thing, as soon as I had replacement parts, it stopped leaking.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not exactly sure what you need, but I have a full set up for an 87 spare from when mine leaked.

Darn thing, as soon as I had replacement parts, it stopped leaking.

I don’t think a rack from an 87 would work. This is what I need.

http://www.trail-gear.com/images/tacorack-600.jpg

The little splined nob sticking out on the one side were the steering shaft goes is were its leaking.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
You can get a factory reman unit from your Toyota dealer for around $300 and it comes with a 12 month unlimited mileage warranty.

I have on sitting in the garage waiting to go in.

I was holding off thinking of going with the All-Pro SAC kit, but I can't seem to get my calls returned. So, I guess I will have to put that rack in.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can get a factory reman unit from your Toyota dealer for around $300 and it comes with a 12 month unlimited mileage warranty.

I was holding off thinking of going with the All-Pro SAC kit, but I can't seem to get my calls returned. So, I guess I will have to put that rack in.
Really when I talked to the dealer back in PA before I moved they told me all I could do was get a new one for $1000.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Well i just talked to the toyota dealer here and thay told me it was $550 for the factoty reman unit.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,421 Posts
Nice cookie cutter site with good pricing. Their contact sheet really doesn't say anything about who they are. A check into their domain name shows they are hiding their real company info. I really hope this isn't another Steeringrack.com type of company. :(

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,421 Posts
This might be the company that a guy from San Diego was talking about in another thread. I'll have to go searching and see if this is the same company.

·
Registered
74 Posts
is steering rack bad? they say they offer a lifetime warranty? That is who I was thinking of when I posted the last one.I couldn't think of there name.They sound lagit.

http://steeringrack.com/

·
Registered
253 Posts
I know for a fact autozone sells a rack for 400 with lifetime warranty. Pay the little extra to get one in your town. Part number for Tacoma power racks are 8599.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know for a fact autozone sells a rack for 400 with lifetime warranty. Pay the little extra to get one in your town. Part number for Tacoma power racks are 8599.

Cool thanx its going to be a little bit befor i can get one. I just got my LCE header.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have a 95 Tacoma RnP power steering gearbox for sale. PM me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts