TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1989 toyota pickup with a 3 inch body and 33 in bfg all terrians i want to do a soild axle swap and i know i want to go with a a toyota axle from an older pickup. I want to run 35 inch bfg mud terrians. would my best bet be to find an old pickup with a soild axle and basically just cut :saw: all of the front suepesion out and put it on mine or to buy a kit. im not looking for alot of flex because there isn't alot of rocks in fl i want to redo both the axles and put marlin crawlers Birfield Eliminator Kit on it and an arb air locker front and rear, disc brakes in the rear, can i use my brakes from my ifs because they are brakes.

I drive it daily it is the only think i have to drive.

·
Registered
933 Posts
There are some real nice kits for your truck on the market. Just supply the axle. If you are going to spend a few grand, do it right and get as many new parts as possible. I would buy a kit and locate a used axle or look for someone who is getting rid of a built one. :2cents:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
shovelracer
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing