TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So hopefully if work goes as planned I will be able to take off my BL and make some sliders. I have them planned but I don't know where a good place to get the steel from. The only place I know of is in CS, western steel, and they didn't have much when I checked today. Anybody have any ideas where good prices for tubing are.

·
Registered
610 Posts
if u do find somewhere other than western, let me know (cause i have no idea). i need to practice on my welding skills. i would like to make a tailgate similar to builttaco's!

·
Registered
965 Posts
17Taco95 said:
So hopefully if work goes as planned I will be able to take off my BL and make some sliders. I have them planned but I don't know where a good place to get the steel from. The only place I know of is in CS, western steel, and they didn't have much when I checked today. Anybody have any ideas where good prices for tubing are.

i can get you cheap steel prices!!!!

$1/ foot of .120 wall 1.75 round tubing

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
is that HREW or DOM????? i would think dom would be better than handrail for sliders....(handrail sucks to bend because of the seam)

·
Registered
965 Posts
That’s for HREW and that’s what most sliders are made out of... or at least that’s what mine are made out of and I beat the piss out of mine. As for bending it... if you bent it seem in its right at the same strength of DOM. but I can get anything you want.... I think DOM they want payment up front because they don't stock it. I think they said my price is 2.11 a foot for DOM but I’d have to call.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
call on the dom.... id buy a few sticks from ya probably...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would definitly buy quite a bit from you. I am making a light bar right now and then sliders and I will need a new bumper so I will have to get in touch and see what we can come up with. The place I went to only had 1.75in DOM in 3/16in wall.

·
Registered
965 Posts
i'm sure that was in stock.....but they could order it

let me make some calls and i'll get back to you guys

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
1.5 .120 wall dom.... 80 feet or so is what im looking at getting

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
after find out prices I would definitly buy 1.75 .12 HREW for sliders. Ill have to get some measurements for the amount. If the price is right on DOM i will also buy 30 feet of it after I make some measurments. Do you get good prices on plating?

·
Registered
965 Posts
my price for .120 HREW is 1.88 a foot- sold as a 20 foot stick

for 48x98x1/8 floor plate (dimond plate) is 57.30

6.50 for any cutting

and they are getting back to me on the DOM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts