TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Pads at Autozone with life time warranty, and rotors from AJUSA.com or Autobarn.com

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
They're working great! I rarely let other people drive my truck, but the two that have, who have a T100 and the other a supercharged Tacoma, say that it stops. :D They do clear the Mojave's but the clearance is very minimal, at around 3-5mm. I forget the exact measurement. I've gotten small pebbles stuck between the wheel and the caliper, but part of the reason this happens is also because I removed the dust shield. If I get a chance to come south (maybe after August), you can take a look at them.

The only complaint I have is the sensation of slippage, a backward-forward pulsation with no steering wheel vibration., that only happens at slow speeds. My friend with the supercharged Taco tells me that it's the Performance Friction pads, which he also uses on his truck.

Here's the supply list and costs:
Tundra calipers from ebay: $100 for the set.
Brembo blank rotors from Autobarn.com: $120 for the set.
Performance Friction pads from Autozone: $50 for the set.

Considering the brake pads had a life time replacement warranty, I would have gotten the slotted rotors, except the slotted rotors were twice as much as the blank ones.

I have photos of the installation, but I don't have the time or motivation to process them. :S Hahaha.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Great thanks for the info Tred!

When I get a few bucks I think I'm going to swap.

which rotor did you get?

The 192 MM or the 212 MM?

I'm not too sure on those measurements but I think they are close.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I'm not sure, but let me see if I can find out. If I remember correctly, there's only one size.

This is where I thought the diameter was listed:
http://www.brembo.com/ENG/catalogo_AM/2007/index.html
But the page seems to be down, or at least the flash product guide/list isn't working.

The model number you need for Brembo is 25534 for blank, 35534 for slotted, and 45534 for drilled rotors. It appears they do not sell drilled slotted, although some can be found on ebay. Do note though, that these are not drilled and slotted by Brembo, but rather at small shops, and are made from blank Brembo rotors. Some say these are the kind that fail prematurely, and I personally wouldn't bother with these.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts