TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to buy a ipod connector for my to plug into my stock head unit.. Anone with anypicture of where the cord comes out I'd greatly appreciate it.. Hoping it looks pretty clean and kinda "factory" look... if you's post a pic and price that's be awesome

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
About to buy a ipod connector for my to plug into my stock head unit.. Anone with anypicture of where the cord comes out I'd greatly appreciate it.. Hoping it looks pretty clean and kinda "factory" look... if you's post a pic and price that's be awesome
Wht iPod adaptor are you getting?
You need a photo of what, the aux plug in the factory head unit?
If you're just plugging into the back then it will look 100% stock -- the dongle/cables/box can be mounted in the maw under the dash and the cable can be routed to your glove box or center console.

I considered getting an iPod adaptor for weeks before I determined that it's a better value to get an aftermarket iPod-ready head.
iPod-ready Alpine w/dash mount: $225
USA Spec DF-TOY: $70
USA SPEC PA-11: $150
Dension Ice: $180
Peripheral: $160
The factory-to-iPod adaptors can be as cheap and simple as an FM transmitter, to a direct-connect with no battery charging or text, to a direct-connect with battery charging and text.
An aftermarket head will look almost as stock but will sound better, let you upgrade speakers with better reults, and will be the best iPod interface.
My Alpine is due to arrive today.

So what do you need a photo of? I can snap some of the rear of the head, but it's easy for you to get back there yourself. I can also get you a photo of my dash once my head is installed, but that will take a day or two.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, Well I was just wanting to get a picture of where everyone is running the cable out of the dash into the cab.

I'd like to stick to the stock one, But i've heard people play their ipods and go through songs with the radio buttons and stuff?

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Ok, Well I was just wanting to get a picture of where everyone is running the cable out of the dash into the cab.

I'd like to stick to the stock one, But i've heard people play their ipods and go through songs with the radio buttons and stuff?
I installed my head unit last night. I'm running the wire to the glove box for now and I might move it after I use it for a while. I could put it in the space below the head, route it to the center console, put it in the dump tray forward of the stick, or in any number of cleverly devised commercial mounts.

·
Registered
201 Posts
This may not matter since you have a newer Tacoma and I have a 96, but I have a PIONEER H.U. with the Pioneer IPOD Interface. I ended up putting the the interface unit behind the lower center console panel and have my wire coming out right between the console panel and the underside of the ashtray area. I can email you pics if you post or PM your email... or just email me at [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts