TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know of any junkyards that would have a tacoma or 4 runner? I need some bucket seats.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
There's a nice silver 3rd gen 4Runner visible from the street at Aragon Scrap in Fort Collins, take college north past old town till it curves left. Dunno if its seats are still in it, but it looks pretty fresh.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Pulser! It is a great upgrade. Keep in mind that if you get 4runner seats there is a little customization (drill 2 holes) you will need to do, but the result is that you have a much more comfortable seat, especially on long trips. Also the seatbelts on the Taco wont match up with the female end on the 4runner seat so you would have to use the originals bolted to the floor or find a trashed taco bucket and remove the ends.

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
dont get tacoma buckets. mine suck for long trips. if you are going to buckets find something else, i have heard of guys using scion, honda, and all kinds of buckets from cars. lok up the national board to find write ups. or try to get those sick trd buckets off driftinco

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dailydriver2 said:
Hey Pulser! It is a great upgrade. Keep in mind that if you get 4runner seats there is a little customization (drill 2 holes) you will need to do, but the result is that you have a much more comfortable seat, especially on long trips. Also the seatbelts on the Taco wont match up with the female end on the 4runner seat so you would have to use the originals bolted to the floor or find a trashed taco bucket and remove the ends.
Thanx man i dont want leather.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
taco29 said:
dont get tacoma buckets. mine suck for long trips. if you are going to buckets find something else, i have heard of guys using scion, honda, and all kinds of buckets from cars. lok up the national board to find write ups. or try to get those sick trd buckets off driftinco

yea my sis has the buckets in here truck and there ok. I have been looking at some seats from Summit racing and corbeau but at $350 a seat its kind of pricy.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
the only way taco bucket seats get comfortable is with some decent seat covers with lots of padding. i extended my trip range with mine to about 14 hours straight.... dont be afraid of taco buckets.... just be prepared to plop another 250 into the seats after that lol :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tacotoy said:
the only way taco bucket seats get comfortable is with some decent seat covers with lots of padding. i extended my trip range with mine to about 14 hours straight.... dont be afraid of taco buckets.... just be prepared to plop another 250 into the seats after that lol :D

Thats kind of what im thinking. I really want to get the wet oak seat covers and just put some padding under them like memery foam or somthing. I drove my truck out here from PA. that was a 3 day trip so i dont think taco seats are traibly uncomfortable. If i get a taco seat i only need a drivers seat.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
my wet okeles came with extra padding in the seat and back area.... i haven't added anymore than that.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I have some bimmer seats with flat rails you can have. They are ratty and torn up but there from an e36. You could either have them done with what you would pay for seats or cover them. i just want them gone so if you want to pick them up let me know.

vwfastg60 at yahoo. com
Im not on here much

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
hey dailydriver, those are sweet looking seats...leather is so awesome

i'll be in fc next month...i would like to meet up on Apr 15th if that's cool

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks Brian. They are a little cramped in there, but a great difference in comfort. I'll be putting the bench back in when I get ready to sell the truck this summer. Not sure whether I want to transfer the buckets to the cruiser or not, so they may be on my for sale list also this summer. :( Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
50 Posts
there is also the yota man in denver, hes really cheap and has tons of yotas, all years. Everytime i got there its just as fun to look at all he has as it is getting the parts i was looking for.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
i know this is an old thread but i thought id add....
Yota man is the guy who used to own the yota yard. His ex wife now owns it from my understanding. My buddy went to the yota yard and told the lady that jim the yota man said hed sell it cheaper then she was asking and she beat the price.

I put civic seats in my truck and like them for long drives and wheeling they have flat sides, just bairly enough support for normal driving but for wheeling easy to hang out and look or climb in and out with out hanging up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
9 Participants
vwfastg60
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing