TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i need some advice. im looking at a 87 toyota tacoma extended cab with 220,xxx miles. it has the 22re 4cylinder motor that was rebuilt about ten thousand miles ago. it is an automatic trany with a four inch pro comp suspension lift with 33x12.50 khumo mudders, it needs a new starter and has been sitting for about four months. he is asking 3,200 for it. is the price a little stiff or what should i offer him???

·
Registered
216 Posts
First it is not a Tacoma. It is just an x-cab pickup. It was before the Tundra so there was no need for different titles.

Does the owner have proof of the full rebuild? Has the trans been touched? How old is the lift/tires? How does the body look? Check the frame between the cab and bed for rust (big problem area). I paid just a lil more for an '87 x-cab pickup back in '98. It's hard to say without seeing it in person but I wouldn't pay much more than $2500 from what you described. Maybe more if it is in really nice condition.

Run it through KBB.com to get an idea of its worth.

Nick

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thankx nick ill check out kbb. the tires and wheels are two months old. the trany is original it hasnt been regeared or anything but he said he has another transmission for it. the only rust i could see was a little on the bottom leaf spring and on the tailgate. the body is in decent shape a few dings but its do a paint job. ill try and post some pics but it might be to much trouble. thanks again for the help!! i just dont want to get ripped off!!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts