TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99' extended cab taco. I was wondering if any knows how much play, if any, the Center Support Bearing is supposed to have. For those who don't know it is the holder thing just before the double-cardan U-joint, it is before the driveshaft angles down to the third member. Mine has around an inch of play in it in all directions, which may be fine but it felt a little excessive to me. If someone knows exactly or if someone could just go and check theirs and let me know it would be much appreciated. I called the toyota dealer and they have to charge me just to look up the specs on it. WTF!

Thanks
N8

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Toyotakrawler said:
I have a 99' extended cab taco. I was wondering if any knows how much play, if any, the Center Support Bearing is supposed to have. For those who don't know it is the holder thing just before the double-cardan U-joint, it is before the driveshaft angles down to the third member. Mine has around an inch of play in it in all directions, which may be fine but it felt a little excessive to me. If someone knows exactly or if someone could just go and check theirs and let me know it would be much appreciated. I called the toyota dealer and they have to charge me just to look up the specs on it. WTF!

Thanks
N8
I have the same year truck with about as much play, so hopefully someone will know.

·
Registered
983 Posts
This is the only inspection criteria i can find in the service manual for it.

INSPECT CENTER SUPPORT BEARING FOR WEAR
OR DAMAGE
Check that the bearing turns freely.
If the bearing is damaged, worn, or does not turn freely, replace
it.

What makes you feel you have a problem with it? Do you have a vibration during accelleration and decelleration? If the movement is the only thing making you worry about it, you more than likely don't have a problem. Post us some more info if you still are sweating it...........

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a little bit of vibrations in secound but that's about it. It's probably nothing I was just checking some things out and I thought it felt like it had a lot of play. Thanks for the info.

N8

1 - 4 of 4 Posts