TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can't be older than 42 to join the military. They've got the whole thing ass-backwards.

Instead of sending 18-year olds off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35.

For starters, researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every 10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a month, leaving us more than 280,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. 'My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry.' We are bad-tempered and impatient, and maybe letting us kill some asshole that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while..

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10am. Old guys always get up early to pee,so what the hell. Besides, like I said, I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical son-of-a-bitch.

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys.. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we're used to soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away from the screaming and yelling.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course however... I've been in combat and never saw a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training.

Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too... I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head.

These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way.

Let us old guys track down those terrorists. The last thing an enemy would want to see is a couple million pissed off
Old farts with bad attitudes and automatic weapons, who know that their best years are already behind them.

HEY!! How about recruiting Women over 50...in menopause!!! You think MEN have attitudes??
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my God!!! If nothing else, put them on border patrol. They'll have it secured the first night!

author unknown but I know who wrote it.:cool::lmao:

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Hell no. I want to draft practically every asshole out there just as soon as they graduate from high school, male, female, straight, queer, black, white pink or purple I want em all in boot camp and under the tender lovin care of a DI so they can get a good start at life on the straight and narrow path.

You can't be older than 42 to join the military. They've got the whole thing ass-backwards.

Instead of sending 18-year olds off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35.

For starters, researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every 10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a month, leaving us more than 280,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. 'My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry.' We are bad-tempered and impatient, and maybe letting us kill some asshole that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while..

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10am. Old guys always get up early to pee,so what the hell. Besides, like I said, I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical son-of-a-bitch.

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys.. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we're used to soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away from the screaming and yelling.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course however... I've been in combat and never saw a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training.

Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too... I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head.

These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way.

Let us old guys track down those terrorists. The last thing an enemy would want to see is a couple million pissed off
Old farts with bad attitudes and automatic weapons, who know that their best years are already behind them.

HEY!! How about recruiting Women over 50...in menopause!!! You think MEN have attitudes??
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my God!!! If nothing else, put them on border patrol. They'll have it secured the first night!

author unknown but I know who wrote it.:cool::lmao:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
It's a lot easier to indoctrinate a young mind that an old one.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
It's not what I'd call indoctrination but teaching people to stand on their own two feet, value what they have and maybe even think once in a while. In other words grow up and become responsible and possibly even productive, self sustaining adults.

It's a lot easier to indoctrinate a young mind that an old one.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
It's not what I'd call indoctrination but teaching people to stand on their own two feet, value what they have and maybe even think once in a while. In other words grow up and become responsible and possibly even productive, self sustaining adults.
I agree with you. That's the ultimate principle.

The military does a relatively good job at teaching that principle, which seems to work better in younger recruits. But we do not need the military to be the only source of that teaching.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Well the way I have it figured I'd give them a choice, either two years in the military or four in some sort of a Peace Corps like organiztion. IMHO Putting your ass on the line should be worth a little something extra. However to ever serve as Commander In Chief you'd have to have had prior military service so no dipshits like Clinton or Obama need apply. It's only right that you fully understand what it means before you commit any troops anywhere.

BTW no one could vote until their commitment had been fulfilled. You'd have to earn the right to have a say and you'd have to have some skin in the game.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Well the way I have it figured I'd give them a choice, either two years in the military or four in some sort of a Peace Corps like organiztion. IMHO Putting your ass on the line should be worth a little something extra. However to ever serve as Commander In Chief you'd have to have had prior military service so no dipshits like Clinton or Obama need apply. It's only right that you fully understand what it means before you commit any troops anywhere.

BTW no one could vote until their commitment had been fulfilled. You'd have to earn the right to have a say and you'd have to have some skin in the game.
So true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
And if POTUS needs to serve so should all of Congress.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Actually you'd have to have served in something to even vote must less be able to get elected to any office.
I want people who have an interest in serving the nation instead of serving only themselves. I think we've all seen quite enough of what that leads to by now.

And if POTUS needs to serve so should all of Congress.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Maybe if we had mandatory military service this country wouldn't have so many people with such a high sense of entitlement.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Exactly or not as many whiney assed little punkish simpering fucksticks who can't do anything but whine and won't even try. Not as many girley men either.

Maybe if we had mandatory military service this country wouldn't have so many people with such a high sense of entitlement.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Anyone can be good or bad, useful or not, etc etc. Military service or not.

A military man here is getting tried for beating his 5 year old to death, the mother helped:mad:

If he did do it, he deserves to die.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Exactly or not as many whiney assed little punkish simpering fucksticks who can't do anything but whine and won't even try. Not as many girley men either.
Discipline, honour, respect, service and teamwork makes good men. Sports (like hockey) teach the same things BUT you have to get off your ass join a team and play regularly. Mandatory military service is communism plain and simple. Nothing but freedom of choice should be mandatory in a democracy.
I don't want to fight alongside some fckstick who had to be forced to join, leave him at home with the rest of the women, the real men have always manned up.:2cents:

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Have you served ecar? I have not. I did teach judo to ROTC though.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have you served ecar? I have not. I did teach judo to ROTC though.
I never have but have lots of relatives who did. Its very honorable for someone to volunteer to give up their freedom temporarily to protect the freedom of others. Deeds speak. No big deal if you are forced to do it, it would be like a prison sentence, you had no choice. People who volunteer deserve the props/respect cause they did it of their own free will.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I don't think traing ROTC qualifies me for anything.

I am not a fan of our military. I do have deep respect for those that volunteer to serve though . It is an amazing sacrifice.

At 38 years old, I feel like maybe I should have joined up when I was younger. A good friend of mine was a SEAL and taught me a lot of interesting things.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't think traing ROTC qualifies me for anything.

I am not a fan of our military. I do have deep respect for those that volunteer to serve though . It is an amazing sacrifice.

At 38 years old, I feel like maybe I should have joined up when I was younger. A good friend of mine was a SEAL and taught me a lot of interesting things.
Hindsight is 20/20. I realized at an early age that being happy in life is all that matters. We are here for a good time not a long time. Without happiness/laughter life is a miserable existence not worth living. Do what makes you happy and don't look in the rear view mirror that's where you find regrets (and police with lights on).:)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts