TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn! what a vehicle! ....if it hadn't been $37,000 i may have thought about buying it. the trd package alone added an extra $7200 to the price tag. :eek:

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
spacewrangler said:
damn! what a vehicle! ....if it hadn't been $37,000 i may have thought about buying it. the trd package alone added an extra $7200 to the price tag. :eek:
yeah, for $7200 you get a color matching roof, TRD shocks, TRD 16" wheels, BFG AT/TA's, TRD exhaust, some rock rails, andTRD badges...oh yeah, TRD logo's on the floor mats... :rolleyes:

IMO one would be better off buying a standard FJ and dumping $7200 into it, you will get a lot more for your $$$ and have $$$ left over too.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Angry Andy said:
one would be better off buying a standard FJ and dumping $7200 into it, you will get a lot more for your $$$ and have $$$ left over too.
NO SHIT! I like the TRD FJC, but not for $37,000. I wonder if it would cost less than $7,200 to build this FJC - I LOVE the chopped roof in the back!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Angry Andy said:
yeah, for $7200 you get a color matching roof, TRD shocks, TRD 16" wheels, BFG AT/TA's, TRD exhaust, some rock rails, andTRD badges...oh yeah, TRD logo's on the floor mats... :rolleyes:

IMO one would be better off buying a standard FJ and dumping $7200 into it, you will get a lot more for your $$$ and have $$$ left over too.
Don't forget that you get the A-TRAC and Rear Locker synchronized on the TRD version. Let's see I paid $1.98 for the parts, spent less than 30 minutes of my time and got the A-TRAC + Rear Locker Hack for free. :)

The TRD version is a marketing gimmick that will deliver and additional $2.3M in revenue to Toyota's income statement and make some mall-crawlers very happy.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
SAR_Squid79 said:
NO SHIT! I like the TRD FJC, but not for $37,000. I wonder if it would cost less than $7,200 to build this FJC - I LOVE the chopped roof in the back!

now that is a sweet ass looking FJC

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
Angry Andy said:

you also get the all-trac/rear locker mod for that price :p

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
$37k !!?!?

$37K, is why too much, feel sorry for the people that buy it. It goes against what the FJ was built for. Low cost, great quality and great wheeling abilities stock!

As for that prototype chopped FJ, that is a great concept.
Is that a ragged sun roof I see. NICE! talk about retro. :D

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't forget that you get the A-TRAC and Rear Locker synchronized on the TRD version. Let's see I paid $1.98 for the parts, spent less than 30 minutes of my time and got the A-TRAC + Rear Locker Hack for free.

is there a write-up for that mod yet?

·
Registered
397 Posts
i was at the toyota dealer ship today and saw an 06 fj with 3 revtek, ipf light set up, arb bumper, warn xd9000, w/33x12.5 mt's on black eagle alloys. had some other goodies but don't remember. priced at $36,680. to pricey for me!!!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
J.T.054x4Taco said:
i was at the toyota dealer ship today and saw an 06 fj with 3 revtek, ipf light set up, arb bumper, warn xd9000, w/33x12.5 mt's on black eagle alloys. had some other goodies but don't remember. priced at $36,680. to pricey for me!!!

isn't the revtek lift just a spacer type lift? ...if so, it's junk in my opinion.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
spacewrangler said:
isn't the revtek lift just a spacer type lift? ...if so, it's junk in my opinion.
yes, preload and 1/2" top-load spacers combined using OE coils. Toytec's kit is much better, IMO, as they use OME coils and a 3/8" top-load spacer instead.

·
Registered
397 Posts
spacewrangler said:
yep! everything else was nice except the revtek

1 - 18 of 18 Posts