61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #61

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Somone at work is selling a 89 Gulf Stream for under 10k, you could do like Charlie and use that to tow;)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
While that would be freakin awesome lol I don't think it would be took practical (granted neither wold a box truck) so I am going to tryto stick all truck

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Stubb shaft get here monday.
She will at least be rolling 2WD Monday.
The Diff should be here no later then Thrusday from AZ
So hopefully by the beginning of next week she will be rolling 4wd

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Stubb shaft get here monday.
She will at least be rolling 2WD Monday.
The Diff should be here no later then Thrusday from AZ
So hopefully by the beginning of next week she will be rolling 4wd
So you got the deal I found for you?! nice:cool:

You know Looking at the video again. you didnt hit sturges all that hard. Im thinking you somohow shocked your drive train before. That makes 2 failures that seemingly never should of happened. the CV at RC on 13, and now the spider gears that took everything aling with it.

I mean your wheels were straight. I didnt see any supper hard bounces and it wasnt crazy wheel spin. yes you did have some but Im just having a hard time with this.

Didnt you tell me you jumped it once by accident?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Yup Andy, I owe you dinner and a beer for finding that deal!

Andy I agree, the front end issues I have been having seem bizarre and have pushed the front diff harder then that before, sturges really seemed like a walk in the park to other things I have done...
I just have had so much bad luck with the front end, probably shouldn't do an SAS, with my luck I will get death wobble that will just never go away.

The jump if I recall correctly was when I had the 4.10 diff in.
I don't see really how that could have done anything if i was in 2wd and all wheels were still spinning same speed.

However this did cross my mind,
I wonder if maybe there was a point where I was going to fast when I engaged 4wd (shift on the fly can get you in trouble....) or might have had to much wheel spin going on when I engaged it at one time, that could have been a possible caused them to go prematurely as well.

Well the truck will have two new cvs and I am going to inspect the gears before I put them in and get some synthetic oil for the diff.

as for now, she is coming home with me tomorrow, prerunning

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Well the deal that Andy found me fell through and badly.
Up untill today the 4Runner has been 2WD...

But alas!!!

Maiden Voygage will be the Jan run!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Been a while, huh? Your diff drop isnt in right...
Yes it's been a while but that's not the reason I put the spacers in the wrong place, I will fix that next week. I just wanted to get it in lol!

how long will it hold up??????? :rofl::rofl::flipoff1::flipoff1:
Probably another year like the first.......
Hopefully before that happens I will have 4.88 gear to go in.

Looks good, but yeah the spacers are on the wrong side of the diff :D
Yeah, I realized as I was uploading the picks sayin to myself "you dumb f^%#!!!!"

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Been a while, huh? Your diff drop isnt in right...
Yes it's been a while but that's not the reason I put the spacers in the wrong place, I will fix that next week. I just wanted to get it in lol!

how long will it hold up??????? :rofl::rofl::flipoff1::flipoff1:
Probably another year like the first.......
Hopefully before that happens I will have 4.88 gear to go in.

Looks good, but yeah the spacers are on the wrong side of the diff :D
Yeah, I realized as I was uploading the picks sayin to myself "you dumb f^%#!!!!"

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Bolts are loose too. just thought you needed some extra ball busting.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Bolts are loose too. just thought you needed some extra ball busting.
HA HA Smartass lol!
Think weather permitting you can get me through Hills and Bowls?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
HA HA Smartass lol!
Think weather permitting you can get me through Hills and Bowls?
You have a rear locker? I can't remeber. If so, yes we can get you through it. Like Bruce said we should avoid the last long hole unless you like that funk.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
You have a rear locker? I can't remeber. If so, yes we can get you through it. Like Bruce said we should avoid the last long hole unless you like that funk.
Take him down Snakebite...show him what his truck is capable of doing. I think that's the perfect trail to take semi built trucks on. Dave did an awesome job open/open. I'm positive anyone on here with 33s and a rear locker will do even better as long as they listen to whoever is spotting them. Once again Dave did an AWESOME job!

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Take him down Snakebite...show him what his truck is capable of doing. I think that's the perfect trail to take semi built trucks on. Dave did an awesome job open/open. I'm positive anyone on here with 33s and a rear locker will do even better as long as they listen to whoever is spotting them. Once again Dave did an AWESOME job!
Totally agree. I will hopefully be riging with Andy, so I can spot him on both of these trails. There are a number of other trails that I am pretty sure he could do that he didn't think he could do with the right spotting.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Thanks for the input guys!

JT I would really appreciate it if you did get me down those trails.
I have been wanting to do them just never with the right group to.

And yeah avoiding funk sounds good

61 - 80 of 94 Posts
About this Discussion
93 Replies
13 Participants
YotaFun
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing