TTORA Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
There are a number of other trails that I am pretty sure he could do that he didn't think he could do with the right spotting.
There are a bunch of blacks we could get these guys through if only we had a small group. Like 2 of them, and 3 or 4 of us that know our trucks and the trails better. You and Andy had almost no problems for the short stretch of 20 we did. Sure it might take a lot longer to complete them, but it's definitely doable. Just as long as they listen to exactly what we're saying.

And yeah avoiding funk sounds good
If memory serves me well, the water was so deep last time I went through it that it almost covered my 38s...

So yeah, DEFINITELY avoid it!

I DON'T KNOW IF HIS RIG COULD DO SNAKEBITE. BETTER BRING EXTRA PARTS.......:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Those are fightin words! :D

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
HA HA Smartass lol!
Think weather permitting you can get me through Hills and Bowls?
weather permitting, ie no ice or rain. everything else should be a go.
You have a rear locker? I can't remeber. If so, yes we can get you through it. Like Bruce said we should avoid the last long hole unless you like that funk.
Locker isnt really needed but would be nice. Ive done it open,open with both the Taco and Ugly. the hardest part is that rock on the 3rd hill.

Last time I was in that trench it wasnt that deep. It seemed like it was going to be but it wasnt a isue. just dont stop! But even so, if we are in a deep freeze it wouldnt be a bad idea staying out. Im bring a propane torch with me. If you get stuff wet enough you will be having to start in 4 low to break everything loose every time you park the truck for like a week after. motor mounts may not like this.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
There are a bunch of blacks we could get these guys through if only we had a small group. Like 2 of them, and 3 or 4 of us that know our trucks and the trails better. You and Andy had almost no problems for the short stretch of 20 we did. Sure it might take a lot longer to complete them, but it's definitely doable. Just as long as they listen to exactly what we're saying.
Last time I was up, Andy, Chris and I ran 20 with Bill in his Bronco. We ran it towards Rock Creek and I was open/open the entire time and just crawled through it, same with Andy. We also hit up Cemetary that day and the difficult section there is a decent bypass that Andy was able to take since he was open/open on 33's. I bet he could do it now with the lockers front and rear with the extra lift he now has. That is a fun as hell trail.

I'm down for a small group to show these guys what they can really do with their trucks, I don't mind walking and throwing some rocks if needed.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Last time I was up, Andy, Chris and I ran 20 with Bill in his Bronco. We ran it towards Rock Creek and I was open/open the entire time and just crawled through it, same with Andy. We also hit up Cemetary that day and the difficult section there is a decent bypass that Andy was able to take since he was open/open on 33's. I bet he could do it now with the lockers front and rear with the extra lift he now has. That is a fun as hell trail.

I'm down for a small group to show these guys what they can really do with their trucks, I don't mind walking and throwing some rocks if needed.
That's why I moved the stocker run to April. It's too damn cold to get out and spot! I'll get out of my truck if it the engine goes or something breaks. :lmao:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hills and bowls is a breeze, I do it on 33's in my shitbox buggy and my current shitbox. Avi should be fine, and it still a fun trail.

·
Registered
965 Posts
My 39'[s barely stuck out at the deepest spot on hills and bowls. Theres also chunkks of log's laying in there now:rolleyes:

On the south side theres a trail 22 I think that is blue/blue most of these guys could run as well as Roxy's way.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I DON'T KNOW IF HIS RIG COULD DO SNAKEBITE. BETTER BRING EXTRA PARTS.......:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Ha Ha Ha

I think me breaking stuff means I am actually wheeling my shit.
I have the old diff still torn apart, think I am going to make a trophy or something out of it

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Bruce I am all for listening,
just might take me a while to get back into the swing of things,
including the wonderful "Bump It!" technique....

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Ha Ha Ha

I think me breaking stuff means I am actually wheeling my shit.
I have the old diff still torn apart, think I am going to make a trophy or something out of it
You do remember we won the beruit trophy this past Takeover right? We need to add broken parts to it! I think Scott has it, so PM him about getting part of your broken diff added!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
You do remember we won the beruit trophy this past Takeover right? We need to add broken parts to it! I think Scott has it, so PM him about getting part of your broken diff added!
I will have to do that!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Diff Dropped Fixed

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Don't worry, if I make another mistake it will be on you 4Runner just for fun lol!

I just need to grab another radiator before the run and I am good to go!

81 - 94 of 94 Posts
About this Discussion
93 Replies
13 Participants
YotaFun
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing