TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for the past couple months I have been having a terrible rattling noise coming from my engine bay. Anyways, took it to the dealer and had the Master Tech check it out. Right off the bat he told me it was probably the flex plate. Told me to change it asap before my whole tranny goes. Anyways, I took the truck home and removed the inspection panel. I did manually turn the engine but I couldn't see the 8 mounting bolts on the plate. I did notice these though. A small chunk out of the plate and a weld that looks almost like it was worn down. Also started the engine and the noise is definetely coming from the bellhousing area. What do you guys think? I'm don't want to but I'm prepared to drop the tranny.

:( :confused: :( :confused:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
It doesn't look well lubricated at all :confused: Have you maintained your tranny? Has your truck ever had any frame damage that could have warped the crossmenbers causing stress on the tranny/bellhousing? Did I say it doesn't look well lubed? Oh yeah:D

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
It doesn't look well lubricated at all :confused: Have you maintained your tranny? Has your truck ever had any frame damage that could have warped the crossmenbers causing stress on the tranny/bellhousing? Did I say it doesn't look well lubed? Oh yeah:D
:bitchslap theres no lube on the flexplate. do you know what a flexplate is?

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
So for the past couple months I have been having a terrible rattling noise coming from my engine bay. Anyways, took it to the dealer and had the Master Tech check it out. Right off the bat he told me it was probably the flex plate. Told me to change it asap before my whole tranny goes. Anyways, I took the truck home and removed the inspection panel. I did manually turn the engine but I couldn't see the 8 mounting bolts on the plate. I did notice these though. A small chunk out of the plate and a weld that looks almost like it was worn down. Also started the engine and the noise is definetely coming from the bellhousing area. What do you guys think? I'm don't want to but I'm prepared to drop the tranny.
:( :confused: :( :confused:
if you cant find those 8 bolts, you arent prepared to drop the tranny

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you cant find those 8 bolts, you arent prepared to drop the tranny
Hey Drabnor. I know exactly where those 8 bolts are. :cool: Just being able to look up and see them is something else. Any tips?

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
flashlight, they arent that hard to get to

1 - 6 of 6 Posts