1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I don't think I will be able to make another run that soon after harlan...........that and I am still not convinced that I want to go to Haspin ever again after my experience last time.

Plus Silver Lake opens april 1..............gonna have to run up there for a day or 2

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thats cool! what happened to you at Haspin? I don't remember that story.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
where you want to start???

1. parking lot was almost a foot deep with mud.........had to unload the rigs and drag the tow vehicles into the lot.

2. Were headed down the trail in a friends ford (79 F150 on 38's).......ran into some drunken hillbillies who had a car stuck in the middle of the trail........so they abandoned it their and went over to a different car and lit it on fire......we ended up having to drive off the trail to get the hell out of their.

3. we make it back to the parking lot only to find that some dumbass on a quad had sprayed mud all over one of the tow rigs and craked the windshield.

It was just a shitty day..........everything seemed chaotic and almost un safe with quads running all over and showing no respect for trucks.........I am sure that it has gotten alot better but I still have those memories stuck in my head............and they are not plesent

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was there last year, and to be honest with you…quad gone wild does sound like an appropriate title if you know what I mean! It got to the point Dave and I just kept driving toward the little shits if they got out of the way, okay, if not, they went under the trucks.LOL

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
how muddy was it when you were there??

when we went everything was solid mud (for you OH people........it maid painted rock look dry)...........it was to the point where you could not have wheeled a stock truck no how.........like I said we had to strap the tow rigs INTO the parking lot.

Oh and in the tradition of OH thread jacking..........Bear........did you get your axle problems figured out???

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, not yet! now quit jacking my thread!:D

when I went to Haspin it was dry, yet further into the trails you met up with mud but we saw some stockers back in there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
quads r just a speed bump in the trail. ive ran over a quad about 2 years ago. i didnt care then and i dont care now. i was backing up a trail with 1 1/2 feet deep rutts and a quad tried to cross rutt the trail before i got to him. he got his front in the rutt and just sat there. he didnt yell or anything. he picked the front of his quad up in many little chunks. :)

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Back home in Texas, you saw quads every now and then. I move up here and they are like mosquitos, they are everywhere and very annoying!

Personally I don't think I would enjoy getting coverd in stagnet mud like you do when you ride those suckers!

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a bump to try and stir the "interest pot"! I am hoping that we get some of you "fine and upstanding" Ohio people to show up and "show our noobs" how to wheel!

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there will be other runs. It's cool! just wanted to get this back in the minds of everyone since it is about a week away! (too damn soon for me to get the winch on…damn it!)

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
i won't either......going to play in sand for a few days a couple weeks after when this run is scheduled.......It will be better to test my new mods there.........it is closer to home.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i won't either......going to play in sand for a few days a couple weeks after when this run is scheduled.......It will be better to test my new mods there.........it is closer to home.
yea, yea, yea! you are just scared the hillybillys are going to make you squeal like a pig! LOL

It's all good like I told Una. we will be having other runs.

Offtopic: You are getting the InTTORA update emails aren't you? how do they look from your end?

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
No......i am scared on how bad my new tires are gonna rub.......I would rather get them clearanced out good before I drive way away from home to go wheeling LOL

And as far as I know I am not getting E-mails........unless they are going into my bulk bin........but I don't ever look in there........I just delete them :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:rolleyes: Well check your bulk mail and make the appropriate changes! I have sent out, I think three emails since we got the chapter started.

I tell ya! "Other people's children!"

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Ok, first of all Bear....I wish that you would refrain from using anything with the word "flash" in it. Sometimes my mind thinks too quickly before I'm done reading, and that just brings up way too many scary images.

Secondly, I wish that I could attend, but my daughter's birthday is that weekend. Also, I have a blown CV and have been putting off buying a new half shaft until I swap the manual hub stuff from the project truck to the D/D. F'n NAPA won't do warranty exchanges without a receipt, apparently they haven't heard of computers yet.

Thirdly, I finally got that 14 bolt rearend to the house. That thing is one HEAVY MFr! it doesn't help that it has rims & tires on it, so dragging it on the concrete is pretty much impossible. I'll try to get some pictures to you soon. If you don't come and get it soon, I might just start welding brackets to it though...it looks REALLY good sitting under my project truck...LOL (J/K....I might actually consider going 14 bolt if I wanted to run 37's or bigger, but for now staying somewhat low is the object.)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts