TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
not surprised but there are also a lot of other tests that can be done. at least someone is taking time to test their products in a lab.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Nice info and testing there. I figured there had to be a reason some companies could make 'DOM' products for so cheap, guess its because its really cheap Chinese DOM being used vs the DOM I get my hands on that costs so much.

·
Banned
140 Posts
I agree. I always have customers requesting DOM, when really, as far as I understand it, The only time really nice USA made DOM is really warranted is in roll cages. In many instances, you are just paying for a "name". It sounds cooler, maybe. For that matter, I am sure you could make the argument that even high quality USA made "pipe" is sometimes even a better alternative for the money. I would bet if you take the use of a micrometer for testing away, no one can tell high quality "pipe" from HREW anyways. I have sometimes used Pipe, which is 1.9" OD but .189" in wall thickness. The thicker wall is better in my opinion. Sorry. I know some guys say "pipe is for poop" but I'd rather have the stronger material. Just another mans opinion

Which material is this?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I agree. I always have customers requesting DOM, when really, as far as I understand it, The only time really nice USA made DOM is really warranted is in roll cages. In many instances, you are just paying for a "name". It sounds cooler, maybe. For that matter, I am sure you could make the argument that even high quality USA made "pipe" is sometimes even a better alternative for the money. I would bet if you take the use of a micrometer for testing away, no one can tell high quality "pipe" from HREW anyways. I have sometimes used Pipe, which is 1.9" OD but .189" in wall thickness. The thicker wall is better in my opinion. Sorry. I know some guys say "pipe is for poop" but I'd rather have the stronger material. Just another mans opinion

Which material is this?

Looks like wood:D

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,206 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts