TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo i gotta stock '04 off road taco. i wanna long travel suspension so i could catch air just like that one dude on the truck of the month. i'm not into rock crawling. i wanna lift it so what kinda leaf springs should i get and what kinda shocks

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
blacktaco04 said:
yo i gotta stock '04 off road taco. i wanna long travel suspension so i could catch air just like that one dude on the truck of the month. i'm not into rock crawling. i wanna lift it so what kinda leaf springs should i get and what kinda shocks
you might wanna wait til after you hit puberty....then look into getting lit and jumping off the roof of your mom's house. if all goes well after that, use the search option.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
hammerdown said:
you might wanna wait til after you hit puberty....then look into getting lit and jumping off the roof of your mom's house. if all goes well after that, use the search option.

funny , but at least he posted this in newbie tech

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You will probably have to go a bit further then just getting new leaf springs and shocks. There are so many options that you should probably just search around and see what other people have got going on.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I use to feel the same way untill I replaced both inner tie rods.
Replaced left rear axle, bearing and seal becaues the axle shaft was bent and the my tire wobbled going down the road causing premature bearing falure
My bed sits lower on one side..
Jumping is bad. But you and I already know you are not going to listen.
So go ahead and fuck up your truck because that is what jumping is going to do

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
For now, use a glass jar... catch some air in it, put a cap on it, and save it for when you're older, wiser, and richer.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
jump it stock
jump it with hoes and deavers
jump it with LT front and rear
jump it with above and full cage

all you gotta do is find a jump:thumbs: i know of a sweet section in baja, smooth as silk downhill landings...wanna go?
Mike

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
I have no experience jumping trucks in the desert, but I do know that Camburg and Total Chaos are a couple of shops that make and sell long travel suspension setups for desert romping. They can help you build your truck for what you want, but it'll be kind of expensive. Like the others said, it's not just the suspension you need to build, but you'll also have to reinforce the frame, engine mounts and build a safety cage.

Also, be sure to check out the desert/long travel folders in this forum and www.race-dezert.com and www.dezertrangers.com. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
whose truck is that in the background of the rig of the month pic? Ted:D?

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Let's see my front LT ran me over $3,000 and that's not including fiberglass, or bells and whistles. Good luck buddy.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
It seems really stupid to me to build a truck up specificly for the purpose of jumping it and nothing more... unless of course you're one of those professional stunt drivers/daredevils.

Just use a bike or dirtbike if you want to do jumps and stunts... it'll be a lot cheaper in the long run unless you maim yourself in the process.... and probably a lot more fun too.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,206 Posts
hammerdown said:
i just keep picturing Napolean taking his truck off some sweet jumps.
:rofl:

Let's see my front LT ran me over $3,000 and that's not including fiberglass, or bells and whistles. Good luck buddy.
Yeah, sellin lemonade won't get you there.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
blacktaco04 said:
start saving up now cuz you're gonna need around $8 to do this right ;)

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
you guys are assholes, this is newbie tech

and jumping is fun, but as a few have mentioned, it is very hard on the truck unless it is fully setup.

that includes (but not limited to):

long travel front end
long travel rear end
full cage front to back including core support
upgraded motor mounts/perches
fuel cell
seats
harnesses

etc...

well over $10k if done right

·
Registered
401 Posts
Tweeter said:
He could sell cookies for the girl scouts.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
stucktaco said:
He could sell cookies for the girl scouts.
That was all discounted prices as well. I think the grand total for the front will be just under 5k and so far my rear set-up has cost me about $1,500 for everything except a bedcage which will be about another $1,500. Better start slinging some crack now son. I'm 21 and work part-time, start saving now...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts