TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not lowrider style, 'crawlin style!

After my SAS is all said and done, I don't like how high it sits. It's only on 36's and frame to ground is 28-1/2" :eek: I thought maybe after a few hundred miles of drivin (with 240lbs of sand in the bed nontheless) it would settle at least an inch or two, but it's only dropped about half an inch after about 1500 miles. Looking through some old posts, it seems like most guys with 37's and bigger are about 24"-26" max. I have Trail Gear 4" springs on the front and Marlin 63" long 4" springs on the rear. It sits level thankfully but I want to get it down at least 3 or 4 inches. How should I go about this? I'm thinking about taking some leafs out, good move or bad decision? What else could I do?
Here's how it sits right now...

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
you have 4" lift springs but wnat to lower it 4"? just get some stock truck leaves and toss them in.....

·
Registered
515 Posts
all you guys are high....LOL

I'm at 24" on 37's and want to go lower....Yes I'm leafs

-David

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
First, your front and rear shackle angles look really vertical. How long are they?

I'm on 5" front All Pro leafs and Chevy rears with tires that measure 38" tall and my frame measurement is 26-1/4 to 26-1/2. My front shackles are 4" and the rears are currently 6". I'm thinking my truck will go lower once I get to flex it out on the rocks.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as you have the room to stuff those tires all the way in. Being low is great, but really it just puts you that much closer to your bump stops. Wheel it for a while, the springs will break in some.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I'm 25" on 4Ds... Just to give you an idea. I'm really low for my tire size.

·
Registered
290 Posts
jimbo74 said:
you have 4" lift springs but wnat to lower it 4"? just get some stock truck leaves and toss them in.....
i dont have as much knowledge as most people on here,but to me that doesnt seem like such a good idea. Do you mean stock truck as in like some chevy leafs or...some other fullsize?

·
Registered
779 Posts
i am at 29" and want it lowered... my leafs are broken in and somewhat saggy in the rear but still at 29" on 37's 6" susp. 1 in body (to fit the tires) :(

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Well, if you want useful numbers- I think I'm sitting around 10.5" or so top of axle to bottom of frame, 24" frame height on 35's with ~4.5" up travel.
I'll lose a couple inches off that eventually when I move stuff around, but it feels pretty sturdy right there in the mean time.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
easy fix, buy coilovers, 4 link it front and rear, drop it to around 23" with that tire size, go have fun.

·
Registered
193 Posts
shackle angle has a huge effect on ride height and spring rate. Your shackle angles =:supergay: . move your mounts so your sitting with a 45* angle and then see where your at

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RedRunnertc said:
I'll take your problem off your hands. LOL

Ever get a front driveshaft?
Haha, everything's for sale for the right price!

Have not been able to get a shaft yet, school has been taking up so much time lately that I haven't been able to work and make any money, so it's still slow goin. Prob. won't make easter jeep but over the summer when I can work, it's game on!

45* shackle angle? Isn't that a little steep? The SAS directions with the kit said they should sit at about 12-15*. Mine were at 14* when the truck first hit the ground, so with a little settling, I thought they would be money. I'll have to measure what they're at now, haven't done that.

I don't have time to cut and remount all the hangers right now, so is there an easier solution? Remove some leaves, cut shackles...?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
TruckinT said:
Sponsor me to do it and I will!
lol, i need a few sponsors my self. i know my old rig doesnt count since it was chopped up and all, but with 47's i was right under 28" at the frame. I say pull some leafs, find desired ride height, add some odd ball leafs if needed, however watch for axle wrap, if you have to much just build a ladder bar setup for the rear and get creative up front if you have to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts