TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Too bad bestop doesn't make anything for the 4runner, their prices are pretty reasonable

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
that sux... are you sure they dont? they make em for jeeps...

EDIT: checked nope they dont... that sux! they should

·
Registered
461 Posts
yeah, they should. 4runners softops are a hard market to justify mass production for. There are 3 companies that I know of that make them.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
besides the tacoma and FJ, the 4runner is my other Fav vehicle... i would love to get one of thoes too... but i want an FJ first lol

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yeah, I don't blame you. The FJ had to grow on me at first (mainly because it was all yuppies using them as mall crawlers here in Denver) now that i've seen a few of them set up nicely I really like them.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
yeah i didnt like them when i first bought my truck... now i love them!!! and i like my truck and all, but i dont love it anymore, esp being a prerunner! i want a 4x4 with locker! and ide love an FJ! my truck is worth 19k trade in, or 20k private, and i owe 23k on it still. i got toyota to agree to pay off my tacoma payments if i would get into an FJ... it would only cost me $50 a month more in payments...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I saw a totally topless FJ a few weeks ago. I didn't know they even had a removable top option - or do they?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
they should, those would look/be awesome with a retractable soft top
That's what this one looked like it had. I passed it on 285 in the mtns as he was waiting to turn onto the highway so I only got a quick glimpse, but it looked like a regular vert top with internal supports that would fold up and forward until it joined the windshield. It looked totally sweet. :saw:

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
IFS - with this year's big landcruisers being IFS, Toyota doesn't make a solid front axle (at least for US use) anymore
I wish there was a way to tell Toyota to build some real off road vehicles....kinda like a Jeep, but way better since it would have way more engineering put into it. You know, SFA, heavy duty drivetrain, some wider wheel wells, extra electrical capacity. And what the hell, a removable soft top option. I would buy one in a heart beat, as long as they could keep it under $25k

Kinda like I want to tell Honda motorcycles to build an air cooled motor that doesn't blow up every 50 hours....like they used to....except this time put it in a chassis that's actually worth a shit....like the ones the crappy motors are in now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts