TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased a 2007 tacoma 4.0 w/ 6 speed manual. i already added the trd cat back exhaust, trd cold air intake, and the trd quickshifter. i cant find any other preformance parts for my truck out there. the only thing i found was 2 mail my computer out 2 jetchip and have it tuned but i cant go 5 days w/o my truck. what else can i buy to add more horespower and go faster?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Supercharger... and thats about it, if you want to be really fast dont get a truck...

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Supercharger... and thats about it, if you want to be really fast dont get a truck...
X2 that is the only thing that is gonna make a difference. Its made by URD and it costs over 5K. You gotta pay to play, go fast on the street what ever your gonna do with the truck. I think you should have bought an X-Runner not a PreRunner.

·
Registered
394 Posts
X2 that is the only thing that is gonna make a difference. Its made by URD and it costs over 5K. You gotta pay to play, go fast on the street what ever your gonna do with the truck. I think you should have bought an X-Runner not a PreRunner.
And even then i dont think that will do it ....... But if are looking to off road and do some rock crawling or desert racing then ttora is the place for you :cool: if not AK_TacoGuy has the right place for you!

·
Registered
741 Posts
you could also do an engine swap, and custom fab it to fit... like eveyone else said, if you want to hit high dont get a truck

·
Registered
100 Posts
i just got a new unichip module for my truck, definately felt an increase in horsepower, im loving so far, their customer service has been kick ass too. they have new Pocket pc program coming out this summer that lets you do all kinds of things too it also, and it operates over bluetooth

·
Registered
394 Posts
i just got a new unichip module for my truck, definately felt an increase in horsepower, im loving so far, their customer service has been kick ass too. they have new Pocket pc program coming out this summer that lets you do all kinds of things too it also, and it operates over bluetooth
:confused: How is that going to work?? You talk to the computer in the truck via bluetooth.....

I can see it now..............More Power Now!!! Give me less fuel and more timing!!! lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
Totally untrue...

Take Tacoma to dealer, trade in for 07 5.7L Tundra. You'll have a darn fast truck. If it goes 0-60 in 6. something seconds and tows 10K plus lbs. in a 4x4 config... it's a darn fast truck.

Aside from that, Supercharger is the only thing worth doing, but for the $5K it will cost you, trade in for a Tundra. :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm not sure if this has been posted but unichip offers a plug in play chip that supposed to be great. Also if you buy the flux whatever version you can get your data on a PDA via bluetooth

·
Registered
111 Posts
Rip out the factory computer, install an AEM computer (Find a qualified Tuner), install headers, then spray it with NOS, and then wait for the new supercharger or install/fab a turbo or paxton system.

Good to go!

dirtfarmer

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
OOPS, I could of had a V-8:xsmash: :bitchslap :doh:

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I just can't imagine.

The 4.0 pulls the Tacoma with authority. What in the world could a person be doing with a four wheel drive truck that would require more power?

I would think that attempting to drag race with the Mustangs and Camaros would be a lesson in futility regardless of superchargers or nitrous shots.

This IS America, however. Land of the free and home of the brave and all that.

I guess if a lot is good, then too much must be better!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
i just purchased a 2007 tacoma 4.0 w/ 6 speed manual. i already added the trd cat back exhaust, trd cold air intake, and the trd quickshifter. i cant find any other preformance parts for my truck out there. the only thing i found was 2 mail my computer out 2 jetchip and have it tuned but i cant go 5 days w/o my truck. what else can i buy to add more horespower and go faster?
This should help you out:

www.URDUSA.com

I would be very careful about doing a JET sticker on your ECU. We all know stickers really don't add any performance...

I got the unichip for my 05 Tacoma XRunner. Before and after dyno showed a very, very, very lean 3 HP gain. I sent all my data and dyno files to unichip and they concluded I do not know how to dyno a vehicle.

Well with the $200 URD MAF Sensor Calibrator (basically the same as a unichip) I got a nice 12.0:1 AFR 15 RWHP gain, then with the URD Y pipe, URD Cat-Back and URD TCAI I got a very nice 31 RWHP gain. Then with the URD Supercharger I got a 95 RWHP Gain, and then when I added the URD Y-Pipe and URD Cat-Back, I got that up another 30 RWHP. So, I think I know how to dyno stuff....

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am with fast frank on this one
what the heck do you need more speed on the trail?? :welder:
of course being an old fart now I don't need to drive fast on the highway and I stopped racing cars I couldn't beat long ago
get a honda with a fart can and race your heart out then drive your truck when you need to get in some dirt :2cents:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just can't imagine.

The 4.0 pulls the Tacoma with authority. What in the world could a person be doing with a four wheel drive truck that would require more power?

I would think that attempting to drag race with the Mustangs and Camaros would be a lesson in futility regardless of superchargers or nitrous shots.

This IS America, however. Land of the free and home of the brave and all that.

I guess if a lot is good, then too much must be better!
Ahhhhh the voice of reason has spoken yet again.

AMEN

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
whats a quickshifter...?

ps headers?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts