TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Denver and have never been to Canada. I'm thinking about going some time around the beginning of the year after I've got all my debt paid off. The problem is, I have no idea where I should go. I'd like to stay closer to cut travel costs, but I was under the impression that the best tourist places are on the coasts.

There is a very good chance that I'll be going by myself, just for the hell of it, so I'll for sure need to keep myself entertained. Any tips or advice would be great.

A friend suggested Niagra Falls. I like that idea because I could go to New York as well. I'm also considering riding a train up there if I go to the west coast, and if that is even possible.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Dude - I've been in the Navy for almost 10 years. I have been to 31 different countires, and I've had a lot of great times. Some of the highlites are places like Australia, Thailand, Bali, Singapore, Costa Rica, Cartagena Columbia, San Juan Puerto Rico, Dutch Curacao, and the list goes on and on.

But of all the places I've been, and all the fun I've had, and all the beautiful girls I've... [met] ;) - Vancouver, British Columbia, Cananda is the 3rd most fun place I've ever been. (1st being Bali, 2nd being a tie between Sydney Australia & Mazatlaan Mexico at spring break time)

In Vancouver - there are a ton of things to do. Great bars, hot women, the best skiing snowboarding in North America, great camping, and you're just a quick ferry ride away from Victoria Island where there are more bars and hot women.

Boy - do I have some stories from Vancouver... :xbeer2: :boobies: :dancing: :bhump:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Are all your friends that afraid to travel in a vehicle with you after your ordeal? lol... jk....I wanna go to Canada soon as well....man, that would kick ass....bump for Canada advice cuz i might have to dig this up later.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Let us know when you go....Sars advice was pretty much exactly what i wanted to hear....Bars.....Beer....Beautiful Women..... If i go it will probably be either Feb or March...

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
another vote for the west coast.
i did the east coast thing 2 yrs ago to visit the parents and it was ok. drove, my taco incidentally, from sudbury ontario to nova scotia (cape breton island). didnt really do much so cant tell u about the nite life but it is beautiful. you can see whales and junk from some spots on the hwy so that was cool. kind of a sleepy slow pace overall.

on the second week of our trip we went to quebec to hit up mt. st. anne with the bikes. ive biked and skied that hill and its very decent. just bring your big brass balls if u take a bike down it. theres a reason its known as the toughest course on the mtb world cup circuit. old quebec city is freaking awesome w lost of ancient buildings, shit the whole place is ancient. the nite life there is also pretty wicked and it helps that for some strange reason they have the most beautiful girls ive ever seen there. all the chicks have style and dont look as slutty as some round here. drinkin age is 18. enough said. if youre into the outdoor sports thing and the gorgeous girl thing thats a great option.

never been to west coast but nearly everyone i know has so i can highly reccomend it. whistler for the biking and skiing. kicking horse i hear is cool too. surfing skiing biking whale watching all in one day. sounds nice. lotsa rain tho.

the muskoka/ parry sound area is cool for an option in ontario. fishing camping 4x4ing quadding water sports hunting boating hiking biking, shit man the list goes on. lotsa money around that area so shit can get a little $$ but hey. wasaga beach is a stones throw away and thats a nice party town. collingwood, parry sound and the pickerel river area also offer the same not including the nite life but they are a bit cheaper as they are farther north. all of this about 2-3 hrs away from toronto ontario. oh and you cant take 10 steps without falling into a lake in that area.
no offense but niagra would be very low on my list of places to visit. rent a cabin in the woods on some secluded lake. bring some friends and some beers. chill for a week or 2. thats my perfect trip.

hey sounds like a ttora trip. all the yanks can come up and wheel. the 2 other guys from ontario and i can show u around a bit.

ok hope that made some sense, i just got off night shift.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
It's still colder then shiat after the first of the year... How the hell is that a vacation... :confused:

If it was me... I'd be going in the fall... Saskatchewan... Near Lake Victoria... For Duck and Goose season... Ugly as hell up there... all fields... Few bars... and hardly a pair of :boobies: to be seen for miles... But the best damn hunt I ever went on... And the farmers are so helpful... They even offered to use a backhoe and dig a pit blind for our party... :kewl:

Now as far as fishing... Manitoba...

Oh if yer looking primarly for :boobies: :bhump: then I don't know shiat... But could think of warmer places to go where the girlies don't have to cover up with 5 layers of clothing... Who the hell wants a suprise package :eek:...

For the :boobies: I'd go in the spring when the girlies may have removed at least a few layers... :p

As far as sight seeing... I'd do BC... They speak better english on that coast as well... ;)... And that will be helpful when yer trying to :bhump:

But seriously... what is it that you want to do up there ?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tacoman13 said:
niagra falls is no where near NYC, if thats what you meant by New York. Its like 6 hours away from NYC.
I figured that. I figured I could just cut the week in half.

TacoDell: I guess I'd just like to go to a more populated place and check out the night life. I just figure since I've never been there, I might as well go while I'm young and have the opportunity.

As far as going when it's cold as hell, I've got terrible spending habits, so it's difficult for me to save up for anything. I'll have money around that time of year and if I don't use it for a trip, then it'll probably go to stupid shit like drinks, cigars, and fast food. Plus I'm in a serious need of a getaway right now.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Im from Victoria B.C. Its an hour ferry ride away from Vancouver or Seattle. We pretty much have everything you could want in a vacation, depending on the season. Surfing, sking, wheeling, drinking, fishing, etc. As far as it being cold, there is snow on the ground for the first time in 3 years right now. The city is about 500,000 people, and Uvic has one of the higest Girl:Guy ratio in canada. Picking chicks up at the bar is only hard because theres so many to choose from.

If you do come up here, lemme know and ill park my truck in my driveway, instead of the parking lot :p

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Oh ya, I took the train from Vancouver to Calgary and back again a bunch of years ago, and its cool as hell in the winter. My trip was only 2 days, and we only made a couple hour long stops, but the scenery is awesome. I have definatly wanted to make that trip by rail again.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I swear that all the hot chicks in Canada work at the McDonald's. I'd go there for hockey tournaments (eh?) and me and 2 of my buddies hated McDonald's but the hottest girls work there. That was in Vancouver though. The further east you went in Canada the girls got hairier and uglier...stay west ;)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
If you're going in the winter then west coast is great or else Alberta (Calgary) has a ton of stuff to do here as well. Bring your truck and do the River Shiver in mid Feb and then you're only an hour away from great skiing, snowboarding etc. Winter activities here are limited so before you choose the destination, decide what you want to do when you get there. I highly suggest Calgary though for skiing, hockey, and wheeling. Don't go east unless it's in the summer.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
I always wanted to make an Arctic Circle drive (Yukon, NW Terr. & AK) including a run on The Dempster Highway...

Scott Brady was trying to organize just such a trip for fall, but I believe he has postponed it for a possible winter run?

You may want to hit him up if the idea sounds interesting.

*Edit: Here's the link

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
12 Participants
stu
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing