TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that know the Beaumont area, I got stuck for the first time today.

I was at the mall and frustrated with traffic. So I decided to take a shortcut. It ended up being the longest 15 feet of my life. The ditch between Wal-Mart and PetSmart on Dowlen? Don't go through it unless you're setup for some sticky shit.

The ruts are still there.

I fell victim to the dreaded "It didn't look that bad" decision. Although I laughed the whole time. I'll put a little more detail later, I'm leaving for Belize in the morning and won't be back until Thursday. At any rate, just check it out if you're over there. A guy passing by in a Jeep pulled me out. He said "Man, I was going to try that later today, I'm glad I didn't now."

Flame me or whatever. I think it was hilarious. You can only go down as far as the frame will let you, I ended up with the front left corner buried, and my left rear wheel fully extended. My tail pipe was under water, everytime I hit the gas there was a huge spray of stank-water going everywhere.

A winch, beefier tires, and some ground clearance are on my must-do list. Although I think I'll avoid mud from now on. It took me over an hour to clean her off at the car wash.

Merry Christmas, and watch that holiday traffic! It's a killer.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
:rofl:
Yep I know the ditch, and I've stayed out of it the whole time I've known about it LOL

I admit I wanted to scream through that field by the mall a few times before it was built up, but I never did since it seemed softer than what I wanted to mess with. I had ALOT of fun mudding behind west brook high school though. Even got airborn one time, much to the amazement of my passenger :lmao:

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
:banghead: :missingto :aahg: :doh:
:worthless

Yes I know you wish you had pics....:)

TOO FUNNY!!!!! Glad you were able to get out.
Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TEJASYOTA said:
:banghead: :missingto :aahg: :doh:
:worthless

Yes I know you wish you had pics....:)

TOO FUNNY!!!!! Glad you were able to get out.
Merry Christmas!

I tell you what, if you pull me out AND clean my truck, I'll go do it again so you can have a pic.

It was seriously nasty shit. And smelly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts