TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing with my new OBD2 reader today- with my electric fan setup, coolant temps are floating around 200 degrees. The weather is pretty cool, and the fan doesn't kick on much at all.

Is this a good temp range to be at? I didn't have the reader when the stock fan as in place, so I have no idea what stock temps would be with the coolant.
I have the fan controller sensor mounted int he lower coolant hose, and set to kick on at 180 degrees.
I could relocate it to the upper hose, or even but the permacool probe-type fan controller if I needed the fans to kick on at a lower temperature.

What temps are the supercharge motors running at? I have a supercharger sitting int he garage, taunting me, and a URD fuel kit on the way, so I wanted to be 100% sure of my coolant temps before taking the big plunge.

Thanks!

-Dave

·
609 Posts
I run at ~181* all the time with a 170*Tstat and the full URD set up(2.2" pulley too) It holds at that temp pretty consistent wether it's -20 or 90 outside. You should be good. Drop in the 170 Tstat and it should lower some more if your cooling system is running right. Remember the temps at driving speed are dictated by the airflow form the car moving and not the fan speed.

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
My S/C'd truck runs at 200*F, 203*F tops. The air here is VERY thin.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm.. I'm toying with the idea of replacing my Flex-a-lite controller with the permacool unit- the PC unit allows a 160 degree starting temp- this will give me a little more room to play with. The FAL unit only goes down to 180.
I think my engine temps are at 200, but the coolant as it exits the lower hose where the probe is stays at around 180 :)

-Dave

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
perfect fondue temp, right cheesehead?? lol
jk
I have to see your taco when i get those seats!!
march, for shizzle

·
609 Posts
98 Taco said:
perfect fondue temp, right cheesehead?? lol
jk
I have to see your taco when i get those seats!!
march, for shizzle

Mmmmm. Did some one say cheese?

Jade-What is your elevation? Out of curiousity do you have the FTC unit? I am wondering what the cursor pattern is at your elevation(idle/cruising fuel cell values and vacuum). I will be out that way soon and was wondering what my tune for this current elevation will do in the mountains.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts