TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I was trying to get a set of these but cant figure out if they are Mickey Thompson Classic's or a Knock off brand.... They are 15x8 with close to 3.5 inch BS. "eightyfive", the guy who posted the wheels above for sale on tora isn't getting back to me so, I can't ask him. I would have driven down to LA the next day & bought the wheels off him but...I can't get a hold of him so, I'm going to keep looking.

Here is a picture of my truck with my brothers wheels(which I'm trying super hard to find a set to buy but can't seem to figure out who manufactures them) that seem to be the same as the ones above.

I'm sick to death of researching this with no definitive results.
I just want a set of these wheels already and having a bitch of a time finding them. I tried talking my brother into selling me his, but, he won't do it. :mad:
I like the way they look and they are one of the few 15" wheels that clear my calipers.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Looks like Alcoa or some knock off. I have knock offs and there is no label/stamp anywhere. Good luck figuring that out.

Also good luck balancing them if they are the knock offs. Mine suck. I'm going to put my stocks back on. My steering went to shit. Not sure if it is the poor balance or the excessive offset.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
The holes look to small to me for the Mickeys.

Good call on the Eagles though. I think that's what mine might be...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like Alcoa or some knock off. I have knock offs and there is no label/stamp anywhere. Good luck figuring that out.

Also good luck balancing them if they are the knock offs. Mine suck. I'm going to put my stocks back on. My steering went to shit. Not sure if it is the poor balance or the excessive offset.
Don't think they're Alcoa but, Sears had a hard time balancing them. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If they're not MickeyThompson's or Alcoas, then they're Eagle alloys series 058.
I just googled "Eagle alloys series 058" and the wheels shown didn't look the same. The ones I'm looking for are not super shiney...aluminum I believe.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The holes look to small to me for the Mickeys.
The Old Mickey Thompson Classics had smaller holes...

I emailed MT and they said that they stopped making the old Classics like 8 years ago or so.... what a pain in the butt.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Eagle 589s have larger holes then the original Mickey T Classics. The Classic IIs look very similar to the 589s but to me the 589s have more of a round look to the face.
Alcoas are very defined and hard to find a set. I think they didnt make anything larger than 10 wide, most real Alcoas I see are 15x8s anyways.
American Racing made a something similar but didnt look like that. iirc they're more flat like the real alcoas.
I noticed on the Eagle 589s, they all have a gloss primer gray on the back side, whereas Mickey T always can polish the back.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Found some 15x8 Mickey Thompson Classics....now to get them shipped to me. No knock offs for mez.

Theo

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seller back out of the deal... :mad:

If anyone knows where I can get some 15x8 Mickey Thompson Classic Aluminum wheels(obviously 6 on 5.5) I'd really appreciate it.

Theo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts