TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I am new here and have a minor problem. I had problems with my starter acting up intermittenly until the other day all it would do is click. I took it out to check the brushes which were fine and cleaned it out and it starts fine now, however my idle has jumped up to about 1100-1200rpm now and won't go any lower. The battery was disconnected during the starter removal and I disconnected it once again trying to reset the puter, but no change. Any idea's?
It's a 96 Tacoma LX, 4X4, V6, 5 speed, ext cab, with a/c, with flow master, deck plate mod and a K&N filter, with about 150k miles, everything else is stock.
Put first thread in wrong spot, o well live and learn...
Jack

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
give it a few hundred miles for the computer to relearn. should go back t onormak.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I did and a couple were loose am going to change them today and see. One of the clamps on the intake is maxed out too. Just seems strange to have taken the starter out to have this problem. O well, thanks for the info...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It wound up being the IAC valve, replaced that and everything is back to normal. But $210 from the dealer tho. But at least its fine now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts