TTORA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started a few weeks ago, once the weather got warm? After you drive the truck for about 10-15minutes it wants to idle down to about 5-600rpm or kinda shake once in awhile at 750rpm's? Also when it first started this it died at the house and then would not start (this has happened only once in the past month) when it died I did the diagnostic and it gave me the ignition code. Started checking all my connections and found the power wire leading to the ignitor (ignition controller) had some bad corrosion and look to have a bad connection in that green plug by the coil. Also there was corrosion in a blue connector leading to some small black capacitor thing by the coil? Anyways, cleaned all that... truck started right up. But still has idle issue?? What could be the problem? Any help would be great.:eek:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Check the intake tubing. The rubber tends to crack or breack and cause it to leak. Whitch makes a rough idle or cause's it to die. I had the same problem on my 94. Goold luck.

Andrew

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the idea's, quess I'll go through the rest of my electrical connection's. Notice a few other spots that need a little work... Gives me something to do this coming weekend. Had some inconsiderate *person gouge the metal to pieces on my back sliding window trying to get in the other night, so I'll be installing a keyless entry alarm this weekend? I hate theifs.:saw:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts