TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the difference, between the idler arm on the ifs trucks i am going to order a gusset and there is one for an 86-92 and another for 93-95 anyone know the difference? i have an idler arm from a 95 and it is exactly the same as mine off of my 87.

thanks
jesse

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had asked on youta tech and found out the basic difference i found was there is 2 tabs on the older one thanks guys

jesse

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
ShowStop said:
There was a redesign on the idler arm due to stress cracks and early failure. The idler arm that Moog offers is the beefed up version. Not sure if they have a different version for earlier models .vs later models.
I got a Moog one and it was a total POS. I killed it EVERY time I went wheeling, good thing it had a warranty. Rebuild the stock one, unless you actually bent it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i bought the downey idler arm brace, and there is a small diffrance the "tabs" are larger on the later ones i just had to do some grinding and it fit good.

jsnby said:
or cut off your IFS and not worry about idler arms :)
if i just cut off the IFS then i wouldnt have anything to steer the truck at all. are you suggesting just putting it up on blocks and leaving there this seems very inpractical.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts