1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
if all goes well this SHOULD be in the driveway by mid week

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1988 runner, lifted, rebulit 3.0, 5 speed, winch bumper and sliders, 33s....and some tube doors

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pickin her up at midnight tonite. hope it doesnt turn into a pumpkin!

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
well with the color of the vehicle and the time you were scheduled to pick her up at, I guess you have a built in name for her: Midnight express! :D

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this douche bags calls me when he is supposed to b meeting me and says he wrecked the 4runner. it was driveable, bent rear shackles, but he had it towed back to wisconsin......i dont believe the story, so moving on.

RON and bruce
where can i get rear quarters for a 87 runner?

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ron, only thing keeping me from buying this one is the rear quarter and fender wells... easy fix?

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
I had a shipper do that to me. went back and forth with me on the price to ship his car he "just bought" then the day I was to leave to pick it up, he said it was wrecked and wasn't going to buy it afterall.

I then found it relisted on a load board that I use. He then had the gaul to call me a few weeks later with another job. You can imagine my answer for that one "I was busy"

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bruce/ron
the trest of this truck is pretty solid. just needs fender lips and pass rear qtr work....what do ya think bout price?

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What a dick! Do you think he was trying to scam you some how? It was a nice looking rig too!
he really did get hit. in rear tire bent shackles and wheel.....has offered to fix if i am still interested

·
Registered
490 Posts
you can fix the body on the cheap if you can do the work yourself....replacing the whole quarter would be easier but more money than patch panels.....if its going to be a wheeler I would not worry about making it perfect

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
get away with trimming most of the flair out of the rear quarters?

·
4,068 Posts
ron, only thing keeping me from buying this one is the rear quarter and fender wells... easy fix?

I actually looked at this runner at one point in time.....:)

Actually if you want me to look at any specifics i am going north for the weekend and can look for you...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Looks a looooooot like mine did when i picked it up. I've got rust in those same areas. I thought about fixing it at first, but gave up on those ideas once I had to start cutting to fit tires in. I also couldnt bring myself to spend that kind of time on something that would probably have things dragged across it anyways. Now i've got the excuse of "well, i was going to replace that anyways" to not feel bad about fender damage too.

If it really bugs ya an easy "cover up" would be a set of those plastic fender flairs similar to the ones Jeep guys use. Only down side is they like to get ripped off when space gets tight.

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i like tight spots so i will just try to trim it up....mark what did you not like about that 4runner. it is johns, is it worth me drivin 3 hours and gettin it?

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, as it seems right now i am making a risky move. i really want the 1st 4runner i posted about. it was hit in pass rear tire bending rim and shackles. i have made an offer as is and it should be getting hauled down here soon i hope.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts