TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
call and tell em you want to cancel, and they will offer a 15% discount/month to stay. 1-800-xmradio

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
no kiddin... just so you don't cancel?? I've got 3 subscriptions... that could add up! sounds good, thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I used the scion code I found on google search. When I got my bank statement, they charged me---then credited me for the same amount. This far I have had XM and for free. I wonder how long until they catch on.

·
Registered
211 Posts
..... or you could use the code ZWINBACK for $77/yr.
Where did you type in that code...ZWINBACK? I can't find a place online to do that.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Well after 2-1/2 hrs on the phone I finally got what I called for. BTW, I think their call center is in India because I didn't speak to anyone (I talked to about 5-7 different people) that did NOT have an accent and at one point a call taker didn't know he had answered the phone and was singing and talking to his buddy in a laguage that was not understandable by me. Anyway you must specifically say you want to cancel. I tried the approach of saying my friends got the $77/yr deal because they threatened to cancel, and I've been with them for 3yrs with 2 radios so I deserve the discount. Finally I just said I wanted to cancel (at this point they selected the "Wish to cancel button" on their screen which then promted to the "What to do if they want to cancel" screen) and then they read off how they would like to keep me as a customer ad if having the service for $77/yr per radio would make me stay. AAGGGGHHH!!! 2.5 hrs on the phone listening to the most boring XM channel on hold when all I had to say was I WANT TO CANCEL. Apparently logic and reasoning are not selections on the screen and unless you say the magic word...

Well, this is how I felt:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGqzVGJ9bGg&feature=related

·
Registered
599 Posts
I also tried to cancel, and they gave me 6 months free, TWICE! I'm honestly starting to feel bad, but then again it doesn't cost them anything to keep the connection open. First they offered me half off, then they just offered to give me 6 months free.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Nope just say you want to cancel because it's over $100/yr and you're trying to cut some expenses. I can almost guarantee you they will offer it. It's programmed in the computer as soon as you say I want to cancel it will pop up "What to do if customer wants to cancel." Then they will give you a speech about offering it for half. If they do say ok they'll cancel you just pretend you're getting bad service and it's cutting out and hang up.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Interesting thread, which is better XM or Sirius radio? I'm not looking for a freebie I'm just tired of listening to the commercials and the crap songs they play on the FM stations here in Denver.

TIA

Tug

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
"if you have Xm radio"…I feel sorry for you! :D

actually I love my sirius! I recently had to drive the wifes car for about a month and the only thing I missed from my truck was the radio stations!

I hear xM has poorer reception, how often do you loose your signal? I have yet to loose a signal with sirius! I also hear that they do not have as many stations as sirius, but I have never looked to compare since I am happy with what I have.

the only thing I dislike about Sirius…I am always flipping channels because I am afraid I am going to miss another great song on one of my other favorite channels. :D

·
Registered
602 Posts
I only lose reception on my XM in one part of town under one bridge, other then that I'm golden. Over 170 channels, I love having baseball all year round and spring training games.

Best thing about the receivers we have in 3 of our vehicles is that you can select artist or songs and it will alert you when that song/artist is on, show you the title and station and you can select if you want to listen to it. I also think that the XM units are easier to control. I just wish XM didn't have Oprah.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Trying this as I type... they just offered $4.95 per month for the first radio & the second unit for free - but only for 3 months. I said that doesnt do me any good for the 4th month & couldnt afford it. Then he just told me (after putting me on hold for 4 minutes) he will do the first radio for $77 per year & second radio free for 3 months. That works! Thanks for posting this thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks fer saving me some hard earned dough. Had to shoot down the first offer, then bit on the $77 per year. Shit's overpriced anyways.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Sirius is way better. IMO. I had XM for years but finally realized that sirius played better music. Sirius will give you the same deal though! I threatened to cancel and they gave me 3 months free, a new sirius radio (i told them i'd sold my other), a hat, a hookup kit, and an install card so that I could have someone else do the work (never used it). All this with no contract, no nothing just free stuff and free music. NOW if only itunes radio could be put in my vehicle, then I would be happy.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Has anyone tried this "I want to cancel" my subscription with Sirius?

·
Registered
640 Posts
"if you have Xm radio"…I feel sorry for you! :D

actually I love my sirius! I recently had to drive the wifes car for about a month and the only thing I missed from my truck was the radio stations!

I hear xM has poorer reception, how often do you loose your signal? I have yet to loose a signal with sirius! I also hear that they do not have as many stations as sirius, but I have never looked to compare since I am happy with what I have.

the only thing I dislike about Sirius…I am always flipping channels because I am afraid I am going to miss another great song on one of my other favorite channels. :D
this is such an accurate statement. XM is TERRIBLE i would rather shoot myself in the foot then listen to it again.. we were skiing in colorado and had a Avis truck that had XM... WHY THEY FUCK ARE THERE FUCKEN COMMERCIALS?!!? ARE YOU SIRIUS?! LIKE THEY REALLLLLLY HAD COMMERCICALS?!? ARE THEY SMOKING FUCKEN CRACK? SIRIUS DOES NOTTTTT HAVE SHIT COMMERCIALS.. (except talk radio)

xm gives your free subscriptions cause they know they suck big floppy donkey dick... i would never EVER get XM

1 - 20 of 30 Posts