TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some pics of your IFS lifts! I am about to install a 4" trailmaster on the front of my 91 and I was hoping to get some pics of the lift itself (not a full shot of the truck) just the lift and some details about it. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have the bracket lift...it was on my old truck, i was just going to throw it on the new truck to get it outta the way. I will SAS sometime down the road, but for now i am just going to use the bracket lift.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I dunno why everyone looks down on the bracket lifts ... depending on the wheeling style that said person might want to do then it's a good lift. They may not give you anymore real travel but they do allow for larger tires at the same amount of travel. If you use a Ball Joint spacer with this lift and relax the t-bars then you will gain some more travel. but adding the larger tires can make a big difference offroad as well as having a lot of flex.

I have seen a stock toyota pickup make it threw loads of obsticles including Moah with some armor and lockers front and rear. I guess it all comes down to choice in the end. I say ...

Rock On With The Lift !

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm also happy with the bracket lift I just put on my truck...

Honestly though most of my truck's life is as my DD and very rarely does it go offroad, and when it does it's just trails, mud and sand.

I also put in a bj spacer with the lift while it was all apart. I highly recommend doing that to yours when you put the lift on. After I was finished I let out the tbars about an inch and this is the first time in 10 years I have felt the suspension flex.

They're only $110 too... I say money well spent.

Plus I wanted to make sure I could clear the 36's with the bl and the bracket lift...

·
Registered
82 Posts
One of my stock CV's (yep, still had the originals in there) had a torn boot, so I figured that while I had it all apart I'd go ahead and change both of them to Autozone lifetime warranty versions.

Not only that but I figured with the bigger tires it was just a matter of time before I blew the other one.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One of my stock CV's (yep, still had the originals in there) had a torn boot, so I figured that while I had it all apart I'd go ahead and change both of them to Autozone lifetime warranty versions.

Not only that but I figured with the bigger tires it was just a matter of time before I blew the other one.
Ok, that makes sense. How difficult was the bracket install? and about how long did it take you?

·
Registered
315 Posts
You shouldnt need 4in.'s of lift for 33's. I run them with no lift and only rub at full lock. Just crank the t-bar for an inch and throw a slightly longer shackle or 1in. block in the rear.

High center of gravity sucks for wheeling.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ok, that makes sense. How difficult was the bracket install? and about how long did it take you?

I wouldn't say it was exceptionally difficult, but it did take some time as I've never fooled with suspension before at all.

Everything I did on the drivers side was painfully slow because I had to figure out how to do it, then I'd go to the passenger side and be done in 1/5th the time.

I spent 3 full 10 hour days and a few 2 hour nights during the week getting it done. If I didn't have the problems I had that would have easily been cut down to one 2 day weekend for all of it.

Keep in mind too that I changed both differentials and CV's too so I did a lot you probably won't be doing. If all I was doing was the bracket lift I really think I could do it in a day now with time to spare because I know exactly how it goes on.

It was a learning experience for sure and I'm really glad I got through it. Now I know how just about everything on the truck is held together. ;)

Too bad you're not around here in Florida... I'd love to help out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts