TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im really new to IFS and Yota stuff, so be patient please...

A buddy I work with has a 1990 Toyota pickup with a 3" susp lift on it... He just went and got a new set of 33s for it, and while he was at the shop they told him that his suspension was chambered in too far, causin his tires to wear out sooner. But they said that the arms that were on it, were fully adjusted, so that he would haveto get a longer set of upper A arms for it....

Just wondering if anyone else has seen or heard this, and what a fix for it would be. Also if a new A arm is needed, where is the best place to get one for it. Just tryin to save him the $250/side that MotorCity quoted him... TIA

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Ok so im really new to IFS and Yota stuff, so be patient please...

A buddy I work with has a 1990 Toyota pickup with a 3" susp lift on it... He just went and got a new set of 33s for it, and while he was at the shop they told him that his suspension was chambered in too far, causin his tires to wear out sooner. But they said that the arms that were on it, were fully adjusted, so that he would haveto get a longer set of upper A arms for it....

Just wondering if anyone else has seen or heard this, and what a fix for it would be. Also if a new A arm is needed, where is the best place to get one for it. Just tryin to save him the $250/side that MotorCity quoted him... TIA

The problem is camber........it is an alignment term refering to how much the top of the tire is tipped in or out........It is not uncommon for the adjustment to get maxed out when suspension lifts are added.....however you should be able to get it in spec.......or at least to ma point where it will not wear tires with your current A arms.

One thing you can do is when it is on the alignment rack try adjusting the torsion bars up / down.........this will change your camber.......my guess is that the torsion bars being cranked up too much is what is causing your nproblem in the first place.

I would Definately not buy new Arms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, sry guys... in too much of a hurry doing things.... I know what camber is and have adjusted many suspensions on 2wd cars and trucks, just never yota stuff...

I think the problem is that his torsion bars are cranked too much, and hes got more then enough lift for the size tires hes runnin, so ill try to look at it a lil more...

Apparently they said that they cant adjust the upper arm out any farther to get the camber right.....

ive also heard that aligning the rest may help too... Ill try to get a sheet from him with more details...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts