TTORA Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts
Dick Foster said:
Yeah, we all need to get out on the trail a little. Too much web wheeling lately. It would probably be good to shake out the truck and get a little practice before AZ rocks anyway.

Maybe we can set up a "bling contest" and settle for once and for all if Jason or you are the "KING OF BLING"

LOL

:D

anestech* said:
And if you are looking to do hard core crawling, then a truck was a bad choice for that. You should have bought a SWB jeep or fj, or be preparred to bob your bed and add a TON of armor.

RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come wheel on the east coast, then get back with us on that statement!

Josh

TQM3 (Last IFS in AZ) said:
Maybe we can set up a "bling contest" and settle for once and for all if Jason or you are the "KING OF BLING"

LOL

:D
Uh, no offence, but Jason wouldn't know where to start ;)

Tacominator said:
Funny you mention that, since that's what I have!;)
your's must no be all blinged out like The Dick's then :p. he's done stuff on the hwy in that rig that no ifs truck short of something lowered would even think of doing. Ah, the magic of custom swaybars...

hytenor said:
your's must no be all blinged out like The Dick's then :p. he's done stuff on the hwy in that rig that no ifs truck short of something lowered would even think of doing. Ah, the magic of custom swaybars...
Well, The Dick is the Bling King, so no, I am not blingin with swaybars... But, I think you're still reading my post whorish posts wrong. I was simply trying to make an understanding of why 90% of trucks today have the much more expensive IFS setup. I am extremely satisfied with the way my truck handles, drives etc. Sorry if I'm a bit defensive about it- I only have a few hundred thousand hours in it!

Tacominator said:
Well, The Dick is the Bling King, so no, I am not blingin with swaybars... But, I think you're still reading my post whorish posts wrong. I was simply trying to make an understanding of why 90% of trucks today have the much more expensive IFS setup. I am extremely satisfied with the way my truck handles, drives etc. Sorry if I'm a bit defensive about it- I only have a few hundred thousand hours in it!
a few hundred thousand hrs? Hm, that means you've spent at least 34 years (assuming 300,000 hrs) on your truck. That's dedication!

Yea, Dick is the one and only exception to the rule ;) He did a maneuver on the hwy heading to a run one day that would have rolled a car; his truck barely even leaned, sheesh.

A few of us had some conversations with the Toyota engineers who were at Takeover discussing how to do the coilover SA on Tacomas that would ride and handle as well as the IFS but they weren't interested...o well.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.