TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Tacoma 4x4. By taking out the power outlet relay in the engine compartment, and doing the full time power outlet mod, I am assuming this leaves the ignition on low power source for another relay. I found small 22-18 A.W.G. male connectors made by Noble, and was wondering if there is any reason why I can't do this? If I do this, do I have to use the same power outlet relay's ground connection too, or can I just ground out to anywhere I want? Also, how many relays could be powered on by this ignition on power source, since they are low power? Has anyone done this? I know I can tap into the fuse box in the dash for an ignition on power source, but the engine compartment location could be useful also.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you really wanted to run alot of relays off that then you could first put one relay on it and then run a buttload more relays off the one that you added, but since they are such low power i would seriously assume that you could run more relays the will fit under your hood.

And ps your post was really hard to understand could you rephrase it? and tell me if mine is hard to understand too

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeti said:
If you really wanted to run alot of relays off that then you could first put one relay on it and then run a buttload more relays off the one that you added, but since they are such low power i would seriously assume that you could run more relays the will fit under your hood.

And ps your post was really hard to understand could you rephrase it? and tell me if mine is hard to understand too
Rephrased:
There is a power outlet relay in the main fusebox, located in the engine compartment of my 2002 Tacoma. I pulled this relay out, and did the power outlet modification, which is part of the cheap tricks found here on Tacoma Territory. After pulling out the relay, and doing the power outlet mod, there are contacts where the relay was that are not used for the relay any longer. I think one is a ground, and the other is a ignition on power source for the relay (the one that doesn't exist any longer). I want to know if I can use that ignition on power source for another relay, like the one for a set of KC lights. Thats what I'm asking about.

·
Registered
264 Posts
TheChiefSinner said:
Rephrased:
There is a power outlet relay in the main fusebox, located in the engine compartment of my 2002 Tacoma. I pulled this relay out, and did the power outlet modification, which is part of the cheap tricks found here on Tacoma Territory. After pulling out the relay, and doing the power outlet mod, there are contacts where the relay was that are not used for the relay any longer. I think one is a ground, and the other is a ignition on power source for the relay (the one that doesn't exist any longer). I want to know if I can use that ignition on power source for another relay, like the one for a set of KC lights. Thats what I'm asking about.
Yes. But a relay coil draws such little power you can get it from anywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts