TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ill be in jenson beach tomorrow afternoon until thursday afternoon, then im going back friday afternoon till sunday morning. anyone in that area?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Nick, that's about 1 hour North of me... So, you're going to be here over the weekend? No wheeling plans, but if you want to meet up let me know, cell number 561-239-6749.
I may run up to West Palm Beach on Saturday to check out a 4x4 shop.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Here's some funny shit...
I called the place that you told me about Skip, asked them if they have experience with installing ARB lockers.
I told the guy on the phone that I would install the compressor, all the wiring and air hose. so what would it cost to have just the lockers installed... He said $500.00 plus gear oil.

I said O.K., I have the oil so that's $250.00 per locker,
he replys with a NO, it's $200.00 for the rear and $300.00 for the front, the front will take a bit longer :eek: WTF :aahg: It's still $500.00, I don't care how you break it down.
That's why I feel I need to check this place out first, make sure this dude has both oars in the water :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
2Tense said:
Here's some funny shit...
I called the place that you told me about Skip, asked them if they have experience with installing ARB lockers.
I told the guy on the phone that I would install the compressor, all the wiring and air hose. so what would it cost to have just the lockers installed... He said $500.00 plus gear oil.

I said O.K., I have the oil so that's $250.00 per locker,
he replys with a NO, it's $200.00 for the rear and $300.00 for the front, the front will take a bit longer :eek: WTF :aahg: It's still $500.00, I don't care how you break it down.
That's why I feel I need to check this place out first, make sure this dude has both oars in the water :)
What an :asshat: . Is this you bringing them the third's? Or the whole truck? Sound's to me that even if this rocket scientist has both oars in the water he is still rowing in circle's.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I really don't think that is all that bad for labor to install the lockers. Especially if you are just dropping off the truck and picking it up with the lockers installed. I know a guy in Gator4x4 that will do gears on Toyota 3rds for $150 if I bring him the 3rd. So for $500 with him removing the 3rds and all of that doesn't seem like that bad of a deal.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I think thats high for just installing a locker but you have to remember you're have a ARB installed which may be a good price cause he's going to have to drill and tap your 3rd's housing. I bet if you pull the 3rds your self and bring them to him it'll be less, closer to $300. Why not have some gears put in while you're having the ARBs installed?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Sorry guy's, I feel I may have mislead you... I'm not ranting about the price, $500.00 seems very fair, all I would have to do is drop off the truck. What I thought was so funny was the way he said NO, 200 for the front and 300 for the rear...

Anyway, after reading the install guide and reading posts, web sites. I'm doing this myself, I'll get the compressor and the wiring done by Saturday. Sunday I'll pull the third and take it to work on Monday... after that one is done I'll tackle the front.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts