TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY TXTTORA!!!!! My name is James and "Im back". I was one of the beginning members of the Texas chapter. Back in 02. Sup Shannon!! When i was rocking my taco, with Ralph and his taco, and Chad with "The Datsun". Well long story short, job got in the way of having fun so i lost connection and my crawler. Now i have a killer job (and more greys) and im building a 89 yota pickup. the problem i am having is locating a front straight axle. Not worried about ratio just that it isn't trashed out. Looking for a 1984-1985 with 4:10s. Since I have been out of the game im asking all you texas boys for some help. not looking for free, just a good line on a axle. Thanks.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Welcome back to TTORA!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the last crawler i had was a 82 yota with toyota axles 4:56 welded doubler kit and 36s. went everywhere out at the old katemcey and barnwell. Building this one close to the same. I am a family man who is on a budget so i build simple rigs that perform. I also want to be able to highway cruise. thanks for the plug on the axles. that is exactly what im looking for.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Scott Gaskill has some axles for sale.
he's Speedysg on here. it's built and locked, etc ,etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks ajordan1975. just messaged him. Also to taco aggie, please pass my info to that guy in the forum. my cell # 2104405945 ask for james. thanks tx ttora!!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I haven't gotten a pm. It's an 83 axle. Cut and rotated, all the armor and gussets you can put on one. U bolt eliminators. 6 shooter knuckles. Aussie locker w/5.29's. 30 spline Long inner and birfs with chromo hub gears. Has 1.5 spacers on it now. V6 slotted and drilled brakes. Also have a TG IFS rear with Detroit, chromo shafts, disc brakes. Has bracket for an anti wrap bar. Have the bar too. $1000 for the front, $800 for the rear. Not the gearing you wanted, not sure why you are going with 4.10's unless you have a v8 or 31" tires...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was looking for a stock set so i can build my own. those are some nice axles but i cant drop that kinda cash without the wife freaking out. small purchase here and there is not a big deal. i just got a line on a front and rear at a good price so gonna grab them asap. thanks for the welcome everyone. first question and parts find was a success. TTORA "rocks":welder::saw::flamethro time for work

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
i may know where 2 steering axles are. we were going to build front rear steer with them but instead we are doing it with spydertrack 9's

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
It is. Ls1, turbo 350, atlas race case, rcv's, front/rear steer, chromolly cage all tig welded, 44" tires. Will get pics of it soon, it is here at the house in my shop.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
It is. Ls1, turbo 350, atlas race case, rcv's, front/rear steer, chromolly cage all tig welded, 44" tires. Will get pics of it soon, it is here at the house in my shop.
I want your career!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Must be nice. Im a budget builder. 22re stock tranny, doubled t case, 4:56 locked and 36s. Gets the job done at a fraction of the cost. Too rich for my blood. Other build is custom rigid harley with a turbo that eats 1000cc sportbikes. Poor man customs baby.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts