TTORA Forum banner

321 - 340 of 364 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Please understand, when I say this, that I am not being a smart ass, but in order to do this to your truck, you need to do a lot of research by reading up on things here on TTORA.

You should be able to find all the information you need by reading old threads and then asking questions you still have to those that have already finished similar projects.

If you are serious, I offer encouragement, it can be very rewarding. the biggest hurdle for many is money

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
correct. and if you can't find any, then you may have to "write the book" but also check out demello. they are sponsors here that have done some SAS swaps on the fourth gens tacos and fj cruisers, so they should have good info for you as far as what may or may not work.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Chris' conversion was well done and documented. All my pics are gone from my thread but I put most of them up in the Tech/FAQ write-up before I cancelled my hosting.

Good luck with the conversion!

I may be converting my truck back to a PreRunner soon so all my parts will be up for grabs at some point.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
Chris' conversion was well done and documented. All my pics are gone from my thread but I put most of them up in the Tech/FAQ write-up before I cancelled my hosting.

Good luck with the conversion!

I may be converting my truck back to a PreRunner soon so all my parts will be up for grabs at some point.
why would you do such a thing!!!!

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
why would you do such a thing!!!!
I bought a new Tundra and my dad needs a truck but he doesn't need 4WD. I've still got a lot of my parts so the conversion back will be simple. I could use the cash from selling the 4WD parts as well. Getting ready to buy a house so I'm trying to get all my pennies together.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #331 ·
I bought a new Tundra and my dad needs a truck but he doesn't need 4WD. I've still got a lot of my parts so the conversion back will be simple. I could use the cash from selling the 4WD parts as well. Getting ready to buy a house so I'm trying to get all my pennies together.
understandable... hate to see it happen though

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
im looking to do the same on my 04 prerunner xcab and i was wondering how much the final cost was on the conversion

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·
i thought i had it in this thread :confused:

taken off my pirate thread

ok im bored and started writing everything down on paper and totaling everything up for this project. so here yall go.

this is the price list as of date for the HillBilly_Young01 PreRunner to 4x4 conversion
  • A340F auto transmission/ manual t-case/ front drive shaft
$500
  • Non-ADD front end (everything that was cut off of a 1997 tacoma and i do mean everything)
$350
  • Re-Gear front diff to 4.56:1 to match rear end
$560
  • Center Console for 4x4 Tacoma w/ auto tranny
$38
  • Shifter Plate Boot
$50
  • Front Portion of rear drive shaft
$60

grand total of:
$1558

·