No, i was really wondering, PM me if ya dont wanna say it man. I wanna convert mine too.is this a trick question?
Yes it is!!Its still a Prerunner isnt it?
OR NOT!Maybe he works for your insurance
nopeDid you worry about ABS when you did your conversion??
glad you got some info on your conversion from here! good luck man!!!I am new on the forum and thanks to many posts from others users
i had found a lot of information for do my taco conversion to 4x4.
Budget depends on were you get parts and shipping makes the different but be ready to expend between 1500 to 4000 all depend.
I my case I’m outside the 48 States in Puerto Rico and i got all the parts from e-bay sellers.
On my conversion I used 4runners parts.
1. Front diff 4.30 with auto disconects and axels. $750
2. 4runner automatic tranny with electronic transfer. (this makes sep up dificult on the electronic) $700
3. Spindle with legs right and left. $150
4. 4x4 console for automatic truck $45
5. Push buttom knob with leather boot. $45
6. Front differential point $60
7. 3 relays and cables to wire automatic transfer directly $50 (this option replace the used of 4x4 computer and factory wiring)
1. New speed sensor for 4x4 Tacoma
2. Pinion and ring 4.30 for rear axle
Might take you up on this.....cause thats a good deal, even though i would rather have 4.56 gears like i have now.i have a front diff with 4.10's non add and a matching 8.4" rear with 3rd member, axle shafts, and brakes for a total of $350 not including shipping.
PM me if any of you guys are ready to convert to 4wd. will ship on your dime, would like to sell as a set
If i can get matching front and rear diffs ill do whatever that ratio is, other wise ill have the front regeared to match the 4.56 gears i have now.