TTORA Forum banner

341 - 360 of 364 Posts

·
Bearded Red Viking
775 Posts
So when you did the conversion did you report it to Insurance that the truck is now 4WD?

LOL! I did to mine (USAA) but they told me it really didn't matter. I own it outright and only have liability too. They stated in the event of an accident/total loss an adjuster would make the final call on what the truck worth is to the company. So if I kept it 2wd he'd base his estimate off that, if I have 4wd he'll consider that as well...

This would probably change though if it had a lien against it I would think. And in that case I'd probably just keep my swap to myself. :)

Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pre Runner 2001 conversion

I am new on the forum and thanks to many posts from others users
i had found a lot of information for do my taco conversion to 4x4.
Budget depends on were you get parts and shipping makes the different but be ready to expend between 1500 to 4000 all depend.

I my case I’m outside the 48 States in Puerto Rico and i got all the parts from e-bay sellers.

On my conversion I used 4runners parts.

1. Front diff 4.30 with auto disconects and axels. $750
2. 4runner automatic tranny with electronic transfer. (this makes sep up dificult on the electronic) $700
3. Spindle with legs right and left. $150
4. 4x4 console for automatic truck $45
5. Push buttom knob with leather boot. $45
6. Front differential point $60
7. 3 relays and cables to wire automatic transfer directly $50 (this option replace the used of 4x4 computer and factory wiring)

Items pendding
1. New speed sensor for 4x4 Tacoma
2. Pinion and ring 4.30 for rear axle

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #353 ·
Did you worry about ABS when you did your conversion??
nope :D

I am new on the forum and thanks to many posts from others users
i had found a lot of information for do my taco conversion to 4x4.
Budget depends on were you get parts and shipping makes the different but be ready to expend between 1500 to 4000 all depend.

I my case I’m outside the 48 States in Puerto Rico and i got all the parts from e-bay sellers.

On my conversion I used 4runners parts.

1. Front diff 4.30 with auto disconects and axels. $750
2. 4runner automatic tranny with electronic transfer. (this makes sep up dificult on the electronic) $700
3. Spindle with legs right and left. $150
4. 4x4 console for automatic truck $45
5. Push buttom knob with leather boot. $45
6. Front differential point $60
7. 3 relays and cables to wire automatic transfer directly $50 (this option replace the used of 4x4 computer and factory wiring)

Items pendding
1. New speed sensor for 4x4 Tacoma
2. Pinion and ring 4.30 for rear axle

[/URL][/IMG]
glad you got some info on your conversion from here! good luck man!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
have i got a deal for you

i have a front diff with 4.10's non add and a matching 8.4" rear with 3rd member, axle shafts, and brakes for a total of $350 not including shipping.

PM me if any of you guys are ready to convert to 4wd. will ship on your dime, would like to sell as a set

·
Registered
82 Posts
i have a front diff with 4.10's non add and a matching 8.4" rear with 3rd member, axle shafts, and brakes for a total of $350 not including shipping.

PM me if any of you guys are ready to convert to 4wd. will ship on your dime, would like to sell as a set
Might take you up on this.....cause thats a good deal, even though i would rather have 4.56 gears like i have now.

If i can get matching front and rear diffs ill do whatever that ratio is, other wise ill have the front regeared to match the 4.56 gears i have now.

What does that have to do with Transmission?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
If i can get matching front and rear diffs ill do whatever that ratio is, other wise ill have the front regeared to match the 4.56 gears i have now.

What does that have to do with Transmission?[/QUOTE]

i may have a set of 88's gears for sale

341 - 360 of 364 Posts