TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to get rid of the rattling in the passenger side dash? It keeps getting worse and i think im about to loose my mind. If you push down on the corner of the airbag it will stop but i think that may create a safety issue if i have to do that everywhere I go :rolleyes:

·
Registered
77 Posts
mizel03 said:
Does anyone know how to get rid of the rattling in the passenger side dash? It keeps getting worse and i think im about to loose my mind. If you push down on the corner of the airbag it will stop but i think that may create a safety issue if i have to do that everywhere I go :rolleyes:
You can rip apart the dash and put lots of filler in there, or just turn the music up!;) :lmao:

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
mizel03 said:
wedge something in between your dash and the windsheild. i used a peice of paper, others have used jack balls. use anything youd like that will put pressure on the dash

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, ill see if that works

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
mizel03 said:

I used a piece of black foam that was kind of dense and wedged it between the window and the dash. No rattles and it blends in really well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the help guys! I think ill just take it to the dealer cause i only have 26000 miles, so ill take advantage of the warranty while i can. :D

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I just stuffed a small peice of foam inbetween the dash and the windshield (cant see it) and it stoped it, i think a few actually found the exact cause though.

mizel03 said:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just becareful you don't end up with more of a problem after you got to the stealer. I took mine in and they said they couldn't guaranttee they'd be able to find the problem. Not only that but they have to take the dash appart and you may end up creating another mysterious rattle.

Try the foam first - if just for a day or so...

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Anurati said:
Just becareful you don't end up with more of a problem after you got to the stealer. I took mine in and they said they couldn't guaranttee they'd be able to find the problem. Not only that but they have to take the dash appart and you may end up creating another mysterious rattle.

Try the foam first - if just for a day or so...
Find a better dealer- it's a well-documented problem with an easy solution if they choose to do it right.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I had a bad rattle coming from around the far right ac vent on my 04'. They finally fixed it after 3 tries. They said it wasn't the same rattle as the TSB one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts