TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I had a lot of trouble with the relay for the gray wire mod, but I got it sorted out with the help of TTORA.

Then it took me over an hour to do the independant fog light trick, following instructions written for blind 3th grade girls with Down Syndrome.

Tonight it took me 4 hours to solder color-coded leads and install my Alpine head unit. The wiring harness definitely made it 2 hours easier, but that time savings was killed off by the shitty translate-english-to-norwegian-to-kurdish-to-korean-and-back-to-english instructions of the Metro dash mount kit. I think I may order a Scosche mount and send the Metro back to the maker in a flaming bag of poo.

On the bright side, if anyone needs help replacing the head unit of their '05+ Tacoma I'll be around to confuse you.

Search keywords: "05+ dash" "stereo upgrade" "iPod integration" "head unit replacement" "fuck me, how could I be so stupid"

·
Registered
338 Posts
You're not incapable. You're just still learning.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
lol... you should try an install with me. ive managed to fuck up everything ive installed.

rear shocks: stripped stock bolt
coilovers: somehow broke swaybar endlink
upper arm: damaged/stripped taper adapter

at least i didnt mess up my bump install.... but it took me 10 hours for the front only.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Heck, I removed my seat wto clean the carpet after a mudding escapade. Well, reinstalling it led to the seat bolts getting stripped out. No one had a metric tap and no one had bolts in the correct size and thread pitch. I eventually had to go to an ACE and get a nut and bolt that matched the factory size and threat pitch, but the bolt was not the correct length. I had to use the nut to re-thread the bolts and the new bolts to re-thread the welded nuts on the body. That was a pain! I don't have trouble with electronics though. It takes me a long time because of my anal-retentiveness.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
fuck... im taking my seat out for the race radio install and now im scared, rofl.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
fuck... im taking my seat out for the race radio install and now im scared, rofl.
Yep it happened to me and Mandataco. I warned him but he ended up with a wobbly seat for a day till he could re-tap the threads. :rolleyes:

Mandataco, did you actually find a correct tap for those threads or did you just use a nut & bolt also?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
i have an 05 though and the seatbelt is connected tot he access cab door (retarded)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts