TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I used to hang out on the old Tora forum under the "4x4novice" moniker, which didn't come up as a valid user id here for some reason :).

Anyway, I was in a minor accident and need to replace the front bumper on my '03 Doublecab Taco.

My sister sells warn winches online and has access to warehouses that contain Westin and Smittybuilt products, but they don't seem to offer a front bumper for Tacos, only jeeps apparently from checking out their websites (or just the rear bumpers).

I'm looking for an affordable aftermarker front bumper that I can get relatively quickly.

The only thing I'm worried about is the lights on the bottom valance, they are just turn blinkers and since I have corner blinkers I was just thinking of cutting the wires and terminating them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Tom

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Since you need to replace your front bumper, now would be a prime opportunity to install a ARB "Bull Bar". I know they kinda spendy, but they are winch ready, and in the long run, well worth it!
Over on the Washington chapter (where I'm from) there is a scratch & dent sale on ARB's. My friend just picked one up for $450+/-. A little touch up, and there good as new. I just wish I knew about this before I bough my Hunter Brush guard! Good Luck! See link to WATTORA thread :D

http://www.wattora.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=149

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Man I'd look into Demello's stuff, www.demello-offroad.com or www.bentup.com . I can speak for demello's quality because i just got a bumper from him and it is incredibly impressive. Bent up i like because they have a badass front bumper.

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought one of the "scratch and dent" ARB bull bars. I got it for $447 and freight and laughed when I saw the scratch. The paint was rubbed in one place. ARB had 3 left when I ordered mine last week.

·
Registered
40 Posts
"bent up" is great

I just orderd my bumper and sliders from AJ @ Bent up. Great guy, Knows his stuff

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
greatdisaster said:
I just bought one of the "scratch and dent" ARB bull bars. I got it for $447 and freight and laughed when I saw the scratch. The paint was rubbed in one place. ARB had 3 left when I ordered mine last week.
Who did you go through to get this...?

·
Chicks Dig Body Damage
542 Posts
kamaaina1 said:
Since you need to replace your front bumper, now would be a prime opportunity to install a ARB "Bull Bar". I know they kinda spendy, but they are winch ready, and in the long run, well worth it!
Over on the Washington chapter (where I'm from) there is a scratch & dent sale on ARB's. My friend just picked one up for $450+/-. A little touch up, and there good as new. I just wish I knew about this before I bough my Hunter Brush guard! Good Luck! See link to WATTORA thread :D

http://www.wattora.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=149
This is my WA buddy and I am the one he is talking about who just got one of the "scratch and dent" ARB's. Luckily I am only a couple of hours away from Seattle where ARB USA is located. I went up there and picked it up and they had 4 more left after mine. Granted this was a couple of weeks ago. I am sure they are going quick since the scratches are almost non-existant and there was not a dent to be found on mine. Awesome deal. I even got to drive the red "ARBTACO" around the block to test out his OME suspension while they did my paper work. That trip was well worth it. $447 out the door. The ARB bumper is by far my favorite. :eek:zzy:

·
Registered
60 Posts
How did you like the ride of the OME suspension? I need to get that setup one of these days and I'd like to hear what everyone has to say about it.

·
Chicks Dig Body Damage
542 Posts
Maxwell said:
How did you like the ride of the OME suspension? I need to get that setup one of these days and I'd like to hear what everyone has to say about it.
The truck drove like a cadillac. It was so smooth and comfortable. Granted I did not get to take it off road or see how the handling was. I did take it over a fairly bumpy set of railroad tracks and it soaked up the bumps very well. The only thing that I have heard that I do not like about the OME's is that they sag like crazy. The ARBTACO was sporting the 881 setup which I thought was weird since he had a Bullbar and winch on the front. He told me he did this because the 882's made the front end sit too high for his liking.

Later, Jason

1 - 15 of 15 Posts