TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I own a 2006 Tacoma TRD Sport extended cab(black) I picked up in march of 06 brand new.

The bug bit me, and now im going all out. Im getting a 6" fabtech lift, 35" tires and 18" Amp-Flathead wheels.

Can somebody please post a picture of an extended cab 05-07 with a 6" lift and 35" in tires so I can get some sort of an idea what I'll be looking at?

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Quietly back away from this post and use the " search " function before the locals are awakend and they attack. :)

·
Registered
672 Posts
There is a 05+ show us your truck thread... wade through that, you may find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Cool!! No Flames!!! Im gonna put my oven mits away.........

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow that silver truck linked looks great. I can't wait to get mine done. It should be very soon here. Im anxious to see how the wheels are going to look on it, I looked through alot of stuff and settled pretty firmly on Amp-Flatheads. Thanks for info peoples.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
what part of tell us who you are folder don't you understand? post this kind of shit in the newbie folder and welcome to TTORA.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry about that sir. Please don't ban me. I'll try to get this moved and have my account suspended as a measure of good faith.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
If you are going to wheel it, I would urge you to keep the lift and tire size down to a roar. All you'll wind up doing is lifting your CG and putting it on it's lid if you're not very careful. This is because you haven't increased your wheel travel worth a squat.

Also you will need to factor in the cost of regearing both diffs if you increase the tire size by that amount. If you don't, your truck will feel like it doesn't have enough power to pull a sick whore out of bed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting. Cost really isnt an issue. From your experience, what gears do I have now, and which ones should I consider getting? Also, can the speedometer be easily re-calibrated due to the changes?

The truck is a 6-speed manual, if that information is even needed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the link! Got some badass stuff in there

·
Registered
407 Posts
Dick Foster said:
If you are going to wheel it, I would urge you to keep the lift and tire size down to a roar. All you'll wind up doing is lifting your CG and putting it on it's lid if you're not very careful.
Ya....no challenge and for girlyman. Learn to flop with 31s first (Power Line at Wellsville). :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts