TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I've been lurking for around 2 years. :eek: Figured I'd join in the fun.

I live in San Diego and drive an 04 Taco 4x4 trd 3" lift (king coil overs and Deaver leaf). I own a home here in SD so I don't have much $ to mod my rig as I'd like but I still wheel it on some pretty challenging terrain. I like to fish, hunt and enjoy 4 wheeling and firearms.

Anybody know anything about importing vehicles to the US? In particular from Australia to California?

Thank for all the good reading!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Howdy and Welcome. I know that of you take off the wheels, bumpers, doors, hood and trunk, ship them seperately from the car too Austraila it's considered parts? That's what I was told last time I was there from a couple of stealerships. That's how they get Corvette's, Mustang's, Vipers etc. to there that are not normally available.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
welcome. Why you asking about shipping cars?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
welcome. Why you asking about shipping cars?
Have you seen these?

I would love a LC 70 Series 4x4 turbo diesel even if it's with right hand drive.

EngineEngine type - Turbo diesel
Engine displacement - 4461Bore x Stroke - 86.0 x 96.0
Engine configuration - 8 cylinders, V-type
Valve mechanism - 32-valve, DOHC
Maximum power - 151kW/3400
(I think 151 kilowatts = 202.49 horsepower)
Maximum torque - 430Nm/1200-3200
Compression ratio - 16.8:1
Fuel
Fuel system - Common-rail type
Fuel type - Diesel
Fuel consumption (L/100km)** - 11.9 (Wagon and Troop Carrier); 11.5

Someone help me with the liter/100km to mpg conversion...

(C/C)Transmission
Driveline - 4WD - Part time four wheel drive, with dual range transmission and manually adjustable front wheel hubs
Transmission - 5-speed manual
Steering
Steering system - Hydraulic
Steering operation - Power steering
Turning circle - 14.4m (C/C); 13.6m (Troop Carrier);12.6m (Wagon)Brakes
Front and rear - Ventilated discs
Suspension
Front - Rigid live axle, leading arm, coil springs, dampers and anti-roll bar
Rear - Rigid live axle, semi-elliptic leaf springs, dampers

Troop Carrier GXL with a 4-6" lift and a few mods... SICK.

I want one.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Keep dreaming about that truck. Cool as hell, but no way to get one here in Cali dude. Sorry, but you should dream smaller:)

What kind of fish you like to catch?

And btw, owning a home is much better than building a neat truck. Of course, some of these guys have both:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep dreaming about that truck. Cool as hell, but no way to get one here in Cali dude. Sorry, but you should dream smaller:)

What kind of fish you like to catch?

And btw, owning a home is much better than building a neat truck. Of course, some of these guys have both:D
I saw a few older models for sale in Florida on ebay... registering them in cali though... you're probably right on the money. If I'm gonna dream I'm gonna dream big... well that's big for me anyhow. :eek:

I fish fresh and saltwater basses, tuna, yellow tail, crappie, catfish, trout hell even carp. I love all fish. SD Bay for spotties and halibut is always a blast. Haven't gotten in to the big ass humbolts offshore though. One day... I kayak La Jolla and tube the SD River and own a 18' bass boat that's great for the SD Lakes and SD Bay.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Very cool trucks but this state is such a PIA to get stuff into.

I live part time next to Lake Cuyamaca and the only fresh water fishing I do is for trout.

Saltwater I like to do some 1 1/2 and 2 day trips each year and get some tuna and yellowtail. I love to smoke the tuna, that is my favorite and my friends love it too.

Used to fish for all the other stuff too when I had more time:)

·
Registered
967 Posts
Welcome! You should come out to Corral Canyon next weekend:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67965

As far as importing a rig like that...good luck. If you do have the financial means and the time for the hassle you could get one in Central or South America with left hand drive. I saw a few in Costa Rica.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome! You should come out to Corral Canyon next weekend:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67965

As far as importing a rig like that...good luck. If you do have the financial means and the time for the hassle you could get one in Central or South America with left hand drive. I saw a few in Costa Rica.
I would love to meet up next weekend but I have a fishing trip planed.

"MODIFIED 4x4s HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! Lift, bigger tires, and some armor!!"

How modified?

Thanks for the welcomes folks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts