TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I let my girlfriend drive my truck, and she wrecked it, rolled it four times! Luckily, she's OK, but the truck is a total loss:( The cab is smashed in.

So my 4 wheelin days are on hold for now. I'm driving a Toyota Corolla.

She was going around on a freeway on ramp, when the car in front slowed down, causing my gf to veer to avoid the car. Then a wheel went off into the gravel, which caused the truck to roll 4 times.

Any idea what I might get from the insurance company for a totaled 97 with 140k on it? I was dropping the collision insurance at the end of August, and going with just liability. That was close.

No need to lecture me about letting the gf drive the truck. I know. I know. I can't be mad at her though. I'm just glad she's OK. It bothers me more that she's upset about wrecking my truck than I am about losing the truck.

Jim

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i totalled my 96 with 135,000 miles and they gave me $9500
Wow! I'd be happy if I got half that much. The truck has a pretty full compliment of armor, including CBI sliders and rear bumper, and Bud Built skid plates. I guess all that stuff is going to the auto wrecker. The truck will be at Coparts in Portland.

·
Registered
552 Posts
you should see if you could go take that armor off of the truck before they take it for good..

glad to hear she's OK

do you have pictures of the aftermath? Did the person in front of her stop to help or just take off?

or better yet, buy it back and sell the parts off of it... i'll take your complete suspension system and your armor!!! :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, they didn't stop. The truck rolled from an on ramp to I205 and ended up in the right lane of the freeway.

I didn't get pictures. I really don't want any reminders, ya know? I want to get the image of my smashed up truck out of my head.

I don't have a garage to part out the truck. If someone really wanted the armor off the truck, I could possibly authorize them to go to Copart and remove the stuff. I can't take off work to mess with it. The rear CBI bumper is especially nice. It wasn't damaged at all. I'm sure all the armor is fine. actually.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Sorry to hear about your truck.. Been there.
Definately try to get your armor off, you won't get any extra from the insurance company...
Consider buying it back from the insurance company...I am up for helping with a cab swap...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got $8700 from the insurance company. Not too bad I guess, but I'm still bummed about losing my truck. I'm thinking I may get a dedicated 4 wheelin truck in addition to a car for the good gas mileage.

·
Registered
552 Posts
that sucks man.. you had a real nice truck. I liked your setup.. I'd love have your rear bumper.... Let me know if there's anyway.. but don't put too much effort into it, only if easy on your part.

Also, let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out in the meantime till you get up and going with a new vehicle. Once again, glad everyone is OK.

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that sucks man.. you had a real nice truck. I liked your setup.. I'd love have your rear bumper.... Let me know if there's anyway.. but don't put too much effort into it, only if easy on your part.

Also, let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out in the meantime till you get up and going with a new vehicle. Once again, glad everyone is OK.
There's really no way for me to get stuff off the truck because the insurance company owns it now. I couldn't take time off from work to mess with it, and I didn't have any way to haul the stuff away. I suppose one could bid on the truck down at Copart. I have no idea.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Copart is on NE Cornfoot Rd. by the airport. That's where my truck was taken. I don't know any details about the auction though or how it works.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts